Sunday, 6 February 2011
Busy weekend and an award.
I received this lovely award from Laura, at Our Scented Cottage blog. Many thanks Laura.
To Accept The Award Requirements: Thank and Link Back to the Blogger Who Awarded You With The Award and Share 7 Things About Yourself. Award 15 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers and contact the bloggers, inform them of the award.
Seven things about me:
1. Apart from family, cats and photographs, the first thing I would rescue in a fire would be my Dissertation from Uni.
2. I dislike gardens with flowers planted in straight lines - I like Cottage Gardens.
3. When I was younger, I thought people who raved about Church and Cathedral architecture were batty - now I find I'm one of them!
4. If I could go back in time, I would go back to 1812 and ask my 3 x g. grandfather which village he had moved from.
5. When I was still at school I wanted to become a journalist.
6. Whenever I go to Dartmoor, it is like going home.
7. I have more than 200 recipe books - most of them about country and farmhouse recipes.
I don't think I can run to 15 blog nominations for awards, but . . .
1. Wisteria and Cow Parsley
2. Ravenwood Forest
3. Kit and Kaboodle
4. The Wind and the Wellies
5. Needles, Sticks and Hooks
6. Seasonal Hearth
7. Frugal Queen
Argggh! I just pressed publish instead of save as draft!!!!! Back later to sort this out and inform 1 - 7 that they are the chosen ones.
Then I will tell you about my weekend . . .
Back - I hope I got everyone. I had a fabulous Saturday where I spent all day making my brain work for a change, enjoying a series of lectures and talks on archaeology and history local to where I live. I just wish I had been able to participate in the 3 years of the project, but life got in the way. Meanwhile, some of my blog postings and research may still be able to be used to contribute to the store of knowledge.
Today I made Lemon Curd - I have to tell you, on ice cream it is DIVINE!