Wednesday, 24 July 2013
There we are - my first attempt at the rolled rag seagrass stool. There's a couple of ra-ra skirts went into that one, and some cotton curtain remnants from the curtain shop in town . . . I gradually got a lot more adept at covering the seagrass in fabric strips, with pins and Copydex to hand! I have another stool to do as well as a vintage child's high chair.
On Monday, I made a start on clearing the island bed in the yard.
I also got quite a bit of clearing up down on what was my mum's little patio. I cut the rambler rose back to a more managable size, cleared all the rubble, swept up and cut limp leaves off spent plants.
The rubble mountain that was in the centre of the yard - NOT a good selling point!
A welcome sight . . .
We are slowly getting there. We had rain last night, which has really freshened things up so I am off out to work in another overgrown part of the garden and also to clear more rubble from wall-bases. We got my wanting-to-grow Clematis montana rubens planted yesterday. Growing up the yard side of the house, and replacing the yellow winter flowering one which was murdered when the building work was done.
I took photos as I went along yesterday, so will try and do a how-to post on the little stool.