Monday 3 March 2014

Preparing for the Estate Agent


There is a LOT of tidying up here to do, both inside and out, before we can get the Estate Agent in to take the photos for the brochure and to sort out the video as well.  I spent the morning, which was raining on and off, sorting the house out and made very good progress.  Mid-afternoon the sun came out and I couldn't resist going out to start tidying up at the bottom part of the yard, the patio and little garden which were my mum's.

As you can see from these photos, there were oak leaves EVERYWHERE.


Plus moss all  over the patio, and grass growing inbetween the stones. 


Here the gravel is full of leaves and weeds, and has moved down to the bottom, so I will have to level it out.  Plus I need to remove some of the small bits of rubble still remaining after the builders had been at work last summer.


This was originally the old Dairy and is joined onto and part of the main house, although it looks like a separate cottage.  The rose to the left is an early-flowering one with a beautiful perfume.  It was a cutting a neighbour gave me, which apparently originally grew in Gelli Aur park.


Progress!

Believe it or not, the Feverfew (self-seeded) to the right of the door, actually has flowers on it!

Anyway, it is heading in the right direction and wasn't too tiring.  It was good to be outside again and making progress.

11 comments:

  1. I am taking a few sick day off but I just had to wish you Good Luck !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks parsnip. I hope you are feeling better soon. You'll hear me in a complete panic if we ever have a viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB, darling please be careful not to overdo and have a relapse. It's so easy to do too much when we're feeling good; I dang do it all the time and then pay the price in reduced ability for many days. Spring may finally be steadily on its way here and I hope soonest for you too. Hugs for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda - I shall be good, I promise. Yesterday was just gently sweeping up leaves, and lifting them into the light wheelbarrow. No aches or pains today : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A drop of sunshine makes all the difference for feeling inspired to be out gardening. Ours isn't looking too bad after a couple of weekends of work. Hope you get everything sorted in time for the estate agent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the Old Dairy as a wonderful holiday let cottage. It has so much character. Maybe that might appeal to someone looking to buy your property this summer!
    At least you have made a start. It`s looking good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. C/Tales - the sunshine lured me outside again this morning too, and another hour and a half's clearing up made a difference.

    DW - That is what we are hoping, although it is a good granny flat too, and with wheelchair access.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting times, but don't overdo it, your granny annexe looks cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thelma - taking things easy. Can't do anything today as rained off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bovey Belle I just discovered you today from searching for Mary Webb poetry. I love your blog and will come back to it to discover more. I think we have a lot in common, nature, books and patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your great efforts will show in the photos. There always seems like such a lot to do!

    ReplyDelete