Here is a lovely new Belfast sink and taps, bought from Gumtree a couple of weeks ago. It has been in the middle of my kitchen table ever since as it is so heavy my OH would have done himself a mischief if it were put on the ground. We have been waiting to be here for a FULL day so that he could get the job started (always allowing for the fact that some bit or another might need replacing, which means a trip into town.)
Work in progress. Old sink taken out (it had cracked - long story, but basically it should have had two washers but the "professional" plumber installing it had only used one and some tape . . . OH tightened something underneath, and the sink cracked). The taps leaked from needing new washers and also around the base so it was continuously needing mopping up around them. I am not a nagger, but boy was I fed up with the situation . . . We didn't have money to spare for a plumber, so OH set to work.
Installed, but just needs a length of wood pushed underneath the back of the sink to lift it. That should happen today, but at least we had a working sink by close of play.
I have been nursing a VERY sore hip and back and - by default - knee. I had to go to the Chiro in the end and he got me sorted out but the inflammation has taken a while to calm down and required Ibuprofen, which I don't normally take because I am asthmatic, but needs must. I feel a lot more comfortable today.
Anyway, as a change from crochet projects, I blew the dust off this table runner which I started last autumn and it got put away. I had to carry on with the rough basting of it and then the hand quilting, which, although far from perfect, I am happy enough with.
I am still backwards and forwards to the dentists' because my dental abscess is not responding to the anti-biotics. Not too surprising, given that I was on them for so long so I am probably resistant to lower levels.
Hopefully I can get this resolved today. Meanwhile, I have been carrying on with my stitching and thoroughly enjoying it, although looking at the stitches above, I can see some none-too-straight lines which I need to unpick and redo . . .
Have a good weekend everyone.
P.S. Friday afternoon now and toof sorted - it is No More, as I went back this morning and we decided to remove it. Came out with infection at roots, so it was the right one (could have been one of three in a row!!) Onwards and upwards now, but I have to say it's a tad uncomfortable now the novocaine's worn off . . .