Thursday 17 December 2015

Deck the halls . . .


I am sure all of you have had your decorations up for weeks now.  Ours began to go up last weekend, but only after we had had a phone call about a viewing (subsequently cancelled), but it was enough of a prompt to get us working flat out to get every room spick and span and the decorations up.  I decided that the Mistletoe bough would look lovely over the archway in the hall, and imagine my delight when I found a wee set of "ice cube" LED lights for £4 in The Range, which turned out to be all different colours.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Tam is home on Saturday, and I expect she will want to tweak them so they aren't all at the bottom.

I am in a mind to bake some Christmassy biscuits this afternoon, now I have finally got all the deep cleaning done (and the people viewing haven't made a fresh appointment as they first said they would).

I think some stressy days this week and sleepless nights have caught up with me, as since I've sat down here, all I want to do is sit downstairs with a good book!  Note to self : do not sit down!

Right, time to top up the bird-feeders again.  Perhaps the fresh air will wake me up.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry a viewing was cancelled, it's very hard to live with keeping the house perfect for viewings. I've at last finished work for the Christmas period and so have some time to myself...I've even managed a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very annoying that the viewing was cancelled. I read the other day that the period between Christmas and New year is one of the peak times for people to look at the Rightmove Website so staying for sale over winter is a good idea. I hope someone loves your house soon, from what I've seen on your blog I would love it but it's a bit out of our price range!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little lights in the Mistletoe look stunning, I am still thinking about some decorations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that mistletoe BB. I agreeabout not sitting down - fatal at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any, and my parent's tree won't go up until my sister returns on the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I book a viewing even though I've no intention of buying? Oh and if you could make some Christmas biscuits that'd be fab. Oh and arrange a delicious young man to wait under the gorgeous mistletoe for me! Cheers xx ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lights in the mistletoe are very pretty, do have a good Xmas with your family. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lights in the mistletoe are very pretty, do have a good Xmas with your family. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of the cancelled viewing and I hope they get in touch again and view at some other time. It must have been so disappointing for you after all your hard work.

    Love the led lights on the mistletoe - very pretty. Apart from a holly wreath on the front door no Christmas decorations up here yet. My new bookcase set up means we have to find somewhere new to put up the main Tree and I never bring the real tree into the porch until close to Christmas. Hopefully, all will be done this weekend! Totally behind with everything this year!

    ReplyDelete