Saturday 18 February 2017

After the Viewing . . .


Well, Thursday has happened (Viewing Day).  A lovely family, whose children would have moved in tomorrow.  They loved it and I think their parents did too. The house liked them and there was an amazingly happy atmosphere as the children were exploring and then munching my cake and cookies in the kitchen. They stayed quite a while, and we hope they will come back again for another viewing.  They have gone away to make enquiries about the Schools in the area, so that sounds a positive.  We shall see.  I daren't let myself get hopeful. Meanwhile, there is diddly squat on the market to go and view.  Still, March should see the usual influx of properties coming on.  I'm enjoying Onthemarket.com as that has some proeprties on it I've not seen before.  Mind you, the best of them are in the middle of nowhere in Shropshire or deepest Wales so just not practical.

Meanwhile, I am resting up rather than lots of words, here are a few photos of the birds this afternoon, taken with my new camera.  I am still learning what it can do - and how to find the bit I want!




Female Siskin.


This was the male I think.  He has a dark head.


Goldfinches and male Siskin.


Male Siskin again.


Ever the Spiv - Mr Nuthatch.


Lotsa Chaffinches picking over the spillage from the feeders.

Redecorating the outside of the house is going well, and completely covering the bits which dried very slowly last time and concentrated the yellow ochre in the paint in those areas (it looked like terminal rising damp).


Painted on Tuesday, the front is nearly dry (we had rain on Wednesday and a bit yesterday too).  I think I need to scrub the porch roof though!

11 comments:

  1. Hope that it was a successful viewing and that it all goes through in due course. I can understand that children would love to live there, all those twists and turns and stairs here and there. The stuff of an Enid Blyton adventure or even Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah - and when they are in the attic you can't HEAR them at all!! We have a little triangle of land by the stream which the children always said was where the Fairies lived . . . magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've sold (STC of course as you never know) now it's your turn - everything crossed for you and for just the right house to pop up just where you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted for you Sue! I hope it all goes smoothly. There should be plenty of houses on the market in the Marches area starting next month and let's hope our recent viewers put in a decent offer . . .

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia. So many fingers and toes crossed here I can hardly move!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. New camera - I still have L plates up but learned a few more gizmo's this morning. It takes brill closeups.

      Delete
  6. So welcoming--that sunny yellow exterior. And a cat coming down the walk as official 'greeter!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the Ghengis welcoming party! He's like Willis and gets everywhere.

      Delete