Monday 14 August 2017

Car boot bargains


Car Boot Lamp - £2.50, plus serendipitous shade from the Range, £6.99.  To go in the kitchen when the new dresser is painted up and in place.


OK, it's from 1994.  I still love many of the room settings though, and it is full of ideas for crackle glazes, painting furniture etc.  Useful and inspirational.


Above and below, a selection of little dresser pieces for the white dresser, £6 the lot.





A £3 cast iron French crock pot, nice and small, for a small 5 minute loaf of bread.  (Slightly worried now about using my lovely green one, as it said NOT to put it in the oven without anything in it.)

Right, we're off out any minute.  My new kitchen stuff from the auction is in residence.  Gay made a Key Lime Pie, and I made a loaf and two Apple Gingerbread cakes this morning.  It has been a LOVELY day in the kitchen.  Off to the craft shop now!

4 comments:

  1. You bought some lovely items from the car boot and at good prices. Love the lamp and the lampshade!

    The wren hanger is really cute as well and i am sure you have good information in that book. Styles change but painting techniques are the same

    I am sureyou cant wait to sort it all now

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bit is firmly between my teefs now sharie! This morning we picked up the two bits of furniture I bought at auction last week. One is in place - a simple pine cupboard. I am into town first thing tomorrow to get the Annie Sloane paint for it ("Pure" as white will go with anything) and wax. I shall have to play around with the elements of the new kitchen until it's right. The big shunky-topped pine unit will be harder to configure but I fell in love with it, so it's staying! More photos tomorrow.

    The wren hanger I bought two of as I love wrens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great finds there, if only I could live on the cheap

    ReplyDelete