Thursday 24 August 2017

Llansteffan Castle this afternoon


As you can see from the photo,. lots of grey clouds were piling up when we left town, so rather than plan A (which was to head for Pendine) we used Plan B, which was the much closer Llansteffan Beach and the wonderful castle.






There are loads more castle photos, but I have run out of time tonight.  These are the new shower-room floor tiles.  I think they go well with the antiquity of our house.  We like them anyway, and they come in one large tile made up of 9 designs, so should lay fairly quickly . . .

9 comments:

  1. Don't know Lanstaffen but it looks lovely. I love the tiles too think will suit very well. Take care Pattypanxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just off to bed now. Llansteffan is a lovely coastal village about 8 miles beyond Carmarthen on the mouth of the Towy Estuary. Ferryside is opposite. Years ago I had a dear penpal near Ferryside. I am still in touch with her sister, but Sue is now something of a recluse and has agoraphobia, amongst other things. Such a waste. She was the most wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of tiles, Llansteffan castle is still on my list of places to visit, been to the beach many times just never made it to the castle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The castle is beautiful. You'll giggle at this- initially I thought the tiles were extremely well preserved from the castle! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb castle and photos :) Would so love to walk round there. By the way I thought the same as CT above about the tiles. They are rather lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the tiles are rather lovely and very on- trend and look to me like faded medieval floor ties. I'm thinking of those glorious terracotta patterned floor tiles at Winchester Cathedral which I'm sure CT is familiar with. The casrle is stunning, you really are master of all you survey from the ramparts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so amazing. thanks for sharing this post.

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos choice of tiles, Llansteffan castle is still on my list of places to visit, been to the beach many times just never made it to the castle

    หนังระทึกขวัญ

    ReplyDelete