Sunday 3 December 2017

Santa's Little Helper!


We had to go and change the display in our Unit yesterday - and put up lots of SALE labels as last month was an absolute trading disaster (for everyone).  It looks like everyone's money is buying Christmas presents that don't include antiques or collectables.

On the way there, we stopped off in Llandeilo, so we could visit the Vintage & Collectables Fair we usually miss because we are elsewhere.  Our friends Alistair and Helen were there, sporting their Christmas jumpers, and I couldn't resist a photo!  Keith, I might add, would not be one for a Christmas jumper, although Danny turned up wearing one last night!



The main hall had a selection of interesting stalls, with lots of beautiful things on offer.  Mostly very different to our stock in trade.  I have some vintage china, but don't go in for jewellery or dolls or china knick-knacks.  We prefer unusual things, that can't be found very easily.  That said, they are difficult for US to find too!  I have had some nice table linen and other textiles, but they are not good sellers for me - too many other folk have something similar.





Almost next door is the Flying Goose Quilt Shop, which just happened to be managed yesterday by my friend Pam whose blog is A New Life in Wales.  I wanted some cream or beigey small print fabric for a cushion I am making, and we had a good chat whilst I was choosing fabric.  It was good to see her again and we need to have a Sock Reunion, so she can show me (slowly Pam!!) how to do the sock heel and toe, and how to get started on sock number 2 on the magic loop needles.  She was knitting a beautiful pair of socks using her own stitching pattern.  Very pretty.



When we were in Lidl last week, I noticed some cheap short-length LED lights and these ones came home with me and look lovely on top of the corner cupboard.  You can't see the definition clearly here as the flash was working, but they look like tiny leaves in the dark . . .

Right, this won't do.  It's the Archer's Omnibus in half an hour and I have another job to start on before I go down to catch up on that, and bake a cake for when we visit friends on Tuesday - the Spicy Dorset Apple cake is much in demand and become a firm family favourite. 

4 comments:

  1. You are always on the go BB - you certainly don't sit about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hell to be on bed rest in hospital last weekend. Normally I am on the go all the time.

      Delete
  2. Goodness so busy. Hope the market picks up but Christmas is Christmas.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can but hope parsnip. We have a lovely table we were hoping someone might want for Christmas, but apparently not . . .

      Delete