Sunday 22 April 2018

Back again with some more seaside photos from last week


I am so sorry at taking so long to get back to you, but we had a busy week, what with a house viewing, restocking our Unit, the trip to the coast, a business trip to Leominster, work on house and garden, and a selling opportunity again.  Hectic.  This week will be busy too as we have another viewing next Saturday, and the garden still needs mucho work, but I have been quite poorly with my Asthma as this recent hot spell resulted in a "pollen bomb" and although I don't normally react to NORMAL amounts of tree pollen, driving along in a car with the windows open for several days in a row got lots of pollen deep into my lungs and my inhalers didn't work.  I am now on steroids and my breathing is a little easier already.  I would rather not have to take them but they are a lifesaver at times like these.  Hopefully a short course will work.



Here we are in the Antique shop in Newport, Pembs.  They sell books as well (but none to tempt me this time) and specialize in Railway collectables.  We had a lovely chat with the lady working  there, and my darling man bought me a selection of fabulous cards by a local artist, Sarah Earl, when I couldn't choose between them.  My favourite pic is the 3rd to last one, with the Swallow.


Walking back to the car.



Views from the beach.





I thought this was Squinancywort, but the leaves are wrong, so I will keep researching and come back with an ID later.


Above and below: Carn Ingli - hill of the Angels.


Above and below: the river which heads out to sea.  Views from the bridge.  There is a Dolmen just across the Newport side of this river - Carreg Coitan Arthur - which we normally visit, but not on this occasion.  It is now incongruously surrounded by bungalows . . .


Mesolithic man thought this place was heaven on earth and came here for the fish, wildfowl, shellfish etc.  On an Archaeology Field Trip we found flint arrowheads amongst the rushes at the tide's edge.




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous views, indeed. The cards are lovely, no wonder you couldn't make up your mind, I would have dithered too.

    More important than all of that, though - your asthma. I hope the steroids bring it all under control quickly. I always forget about the effect of tree pollen, although it affects my daughter, too. She has just completed a course of steroids, first time in several years that she has needed them. Best of luck with the viewing.

    ReplyDelete