The tiny teddy chair was such a mess- dull grey flaking paint - that I decided to rub it down and paint it today. It was almost the last of the Johnson's French Chiffon paint so I will have to buy another can, as it is quick drying and has no aroma.
This is how it looked before - grubby and unappealing.
I also sewed more of my first bathroom curtain, and that is looking good. You can see the colours more clearly in this photo than the one I took the other day.
I got out for a walk earlier on. As you can see it was quite misty. I went up the steep hill, to try and improve my peak flow, which has dropped because of not being able to walk much this summer.
The eye drops are helping my eye but I want to see the pit which held the stye disappear completely. It's not as sore looking as it was anyway.
I was out of bread today, so made a tasty loaf 1/2 and 1/2 with the Cotswold Crunch granary type flour.
So, not a great deal happening. I picked some of the apples from the orchard - the birds are having a good time out there and lots pecked at. I picked the cucumbers too and will empty the pots tomorrow as everything has died back in the polytunnel.
Off to watch another episode of Apocalypse now (Channel 4). I am enjoying that.
Today's podcasts on Henry V, and the Hundred Years War - a different version to the 4 Hundred Years War podcasts I listened to a couple of weeks ago.





The chair looks so much better, all you need now is a teddy to sit in it. We've got the footie on, not that they've started playing yet. I shall read and maybe have a glass of wine. Xx
ReplyDeleteYes, will look for a tiny teddy in town tomorrow. I'm going to watch another episode of Apocalypse on Cha. 4
ReplyDeleteI love how vintage the chair looks, it's good to upcycle items instead of always buying new. History is so interesting too, have a nice week.
ReplyDeleteThe chair is darling, esp w its refurb paint. Your blue patchwork is too beautiful to be curtains, should be a cozy quilt for the coming winter.
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference the pillow and a paint job makes on that teddy chair. I love it. The patchwork curtains are going to be a wonderful addition to your home.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
What a neat job you made of the little chair! Will you offer it for sale or keep it for Rosie? I should think it has considerable appeal.
ReplyDeleteThe chair and curtain are looking good.
ReplyDeleteI managed threequarters of the first apocalypse and then gave up.
There was mist like that here yesterday around 6pm, it was odd as it looked like smoke and everywhere was dry so not sure how it came up misty.
Wow. Working on the chair was really worth the effort. It looks lovely and very, very saleable.
ReplyDeleteCharmaine
The mini chair and cushion look great.
ReplyDeleteI use Cotswold Crunch flour too, usually half and half
Alison in Devon x
That little chair has come up a treat, if it's going up for sale you have picked the perfect time of year to have it ready. But, I'm sure there's a certain little girl in the family that would love it for her teddy or doll. :-)
ReplyDelete