Pages

Pages

Jennie's recipes

Sunday, 20 September 2026

Running on empty

 I set two alarms last night - my clock and my mobile.  In the event I didn't need them.  I went to bed at 8.30 and read for a bit, slept until midnight, and that was IT for the night.  I got hot and of course the more I moved around the bed, the hotter I got.  At 4.50 I checked the clock yet again, and just got up and got myself sorted to go and was out of the house inside of an hour.  The first half of the journey was in the dark, and I don't enjoy night-time driving.  I took it steady and didn't listen to a podcast as I needed to concentrate.


I think my being tired didn't help me buying.  I really didn't find much to interest me.  Some nice things there, but shop price.


Various doors, a water pump and a modern penny farthing bicycle . . .




This made me smile :)


Every stall seemed so very random . . .




This is the stand of the chap that buys up everything dirt cheap at an auction I've been to a couple of times.  (He isn't in the picture).


An interesting cart saddle - European I think.

I think everyone was trying to clear old stock.



A quilt.  The only others I saw were a couple of crappy hexagon ones.


Above and below, our friend A's stall.  Love the little child container (seat) on wheels.  We had a similar one years ago - thought it would fly out as it was so different, but it nearly ended up as firewood!



This lady has a lot of French stuff too.

I didn't buy much.  I was pretty disappointed by what was on offer and wondered why am I here at all?  I wouldn't have missed much if I had just turned the alarms off and gone back to sleep.  I clocked up 10,000+ steps and now my hip is complaining.  I did the few bits of shopping I needed for the week, spending £18 in Tesco in Ledbury.  I need to save fuel where I can as I have quilting group on Weds and the Chiro in the morning before it, and then am going to Tam's next week too.

So now I shall settle down and have an early night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment