▼

Pages

▼

Pages

▼

Jennie's recipes

▼

Sunday, 11 October 2026

A family weekend

 I have Tam and Rosie here for the weekend.  Rosie still allergic to sleep and I was in bed before her last night!  We have promised to take her to the swings today, so hopefully it will stay dry.

I went to the butchers yesterday and got some of their sausages - their special lamb/mint/honey ones which were tasty.  Then lamb burgers for today's meal and bread and scrape the rest of the week!  


Some photos from Friday's walk.





I am hoping to finish the quilt off this evening, with a bit of help of course!  I have one and a half sides left to do.


I've just had a visit from part-time neighbour Sam.  He was telling me of his plans - holiday in Egypt with his Chinese girlfriend, then on to Portugal with his mate, then in December, 3 months in China, living with his girlfriend up in the mountains.  It sounds amazing.  Oh to be young, footloose and fancy free and newly in love again :)  I shall miss him - we've had some good chats.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely views on your walk. We have sunshine today in East Sussex but a stiff breeze blowing off the sea. Bread and scrape, that was something my old Dad used to say. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walk looks lovely in the sunshine and lovely to have a girls weekend. Hopefully all on the mend. I've eaten bread and scrape a few times in the past! As a child, ( a hundred years ago it feels! ), whenever I asked my nan ( born 1900 ) what was for dinner she would always reply " bread and pull it " very frustrating to a child who only really wanted to know if she had to face half a plateful of cabbage with her dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a real talent Fiordland framing lovely photos .
    I love the flavour of lamb but it’s very pricey isn’t it?
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful views. Poor Tam must be exhausted if Rosie isn't sleeping well/or not at all. Been there and got the t-shirt! Natalie was a terrible sleeper and so was Iris until she started school. Fortunately Christopher sleeps well, but wakes early. They've just bought his 1st pair of shoes and taken out a second mortgage on them, size 3F. Enjoy your bread and scrape. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn sunlight can really hit the spot...and lift the spirits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walking has always been a sanity saver, along the dirt roads of my original home or in my grandfather's meadows and woods. Now that we've finally been released from hot summer temps we can walk the loop around the property, usually at dusk.

    ReplyDelete