Thursday, 24 September 2026

A little more positive

 I am glad to say the chiro has sorted my hip/lower back out now.  I had a wander round Carmarthen to get things going again and have been given the green light to walk up hills and garden again now.


A truly lovely window display in King Street. 



This is one of the outlets for local arts and crafts.


Colourful walls - a shame about the blue wheely bins . . .


I spent the afternoon cutting out, piecing and chatting at Patchwork.


The first block.  Yes, the blue is very bold, but I am sure Rosie won't complain . . .


Windfall apple cake - unfortunately I managed to drop it and reduced an area to apple crumble!


Lemon Drizzle Cake.


So, a useful day and a lovely drive home in the sunshine.  I am about to go out for a walk.  Later on I have a chap coming along to deal with the wasps which have found their way into the attic and can still somehow get into the Utility and then into the house, and as Lulu catches flies, I don't want an unexpected vet bill with her being stung in the mouth or throat.

15 comments:

  1. Those wheelie bins get everywhere don’t they.
    Lovely photos and delicious looking cake.
    Glad your back is easing.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday's appt. freed everything up. An amazing difference today. Glad that I gave the cakes away!

      Delete
  2. Wheelie bins are a real eyesore aren't they, and having to have the vast array that we need these days just makes things worse. That arts centre is wonderfully colourful, the world seems a very drab place these days so much black, white and grey everywhere you look, buildings, cars, homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have just one wheely bin here (unless you have a green one for garden waste, which I don't). Yes, colour in a neutral world makes a difference. We have some lovely wall paintings here in Builth too, quite old now, but one tells the story of our local hero Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.

      Delete
  3. Good news about your hip/lower back. That is a lovely autumnal window display - I really like it. I love lemon drizzle cake and haven't made one for ages - last one I did was a Mary Berry Lemon Drizzle traybake which was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen such a lovely display of "pretend flowers"! Lemon Drizzle always hits the spot.

      Delete
  4. You sound quite a bit more positive than in your last post. I hope your friend appreciated the beautiful cake. My old cat caught a wasp only twice, then he stayed well away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have reached a decision on the Unit and what have you. Just kicked some dead wasps into the gravel outside.

      Delete
  5. Your posts are updating properly on my reading list - good news. Pity my blog posts aren't updating on your reading list!
    Good to hear you've been pummeled and sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colourful houses, very cheering. Here in Salcombe where we are staying, rubbish is in 1 box for paper, 1 box cardboard, 1 bag tin and glass and a huge bag for bagged household rubbish. It looks very messy. Glad your back is better though, don’t go overdoing it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An improvement on how they used to look. Powys combines card and newspaper. Glass separate, and then plastics/tins. A wheelie bin for household rubbish in a black bin bag.

      Thank you for the lovely card which arrived today. What a lovely view.

      Delete
  7. It's odd isn't it? Most of the ones on my list aren't updating. Just the first 4 or 5.

    I felt a new person this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the hip has been wrestled back into place! At least the blue wheelie bins are complementary with the mural's colour scheme :). That windfall apple cake looks scrummy...even if it got dropped (it all goes down the same way, as my Grandad would say!) ~ melanie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did ease everything up and did a massage along the side of my thigh below the hip. I am sure that is what really freed up my walking today.

      The windfall cake IS scrummy! Glad I gave it away :)

      Delete