Friday, 11 September 2026

All Around the World quilt and today's walk

 


Lizzy (Gone to the Beach) suggested removing the horrid polyester wadding and I am with her on that.  However, the lady who made this has machine quilted it to the central block, so that square will have to stay, along with that area of the ancient flannel sheeting she used.  It will be covered over anyway.  This is a king size bed so this must be nearly double in size.  I intend to add blocks to the top and bottom and a narrow border to the sides.  I will take it along to my quilting group next week and see what The Boss has to say about it!

Sorry, the light from the big window doesn't show the colours clearly at all.

I popped round to see my friend Pam earlier, for a natter, and then had my level walk along the old railway line.  Several cyclists using this (it is a cycle path) today.  One chap on his own and then 3 others, who were consulting their map and going on to Llanwrthwl (and possibly the Elan valley after as it's on the way).  I told them about the church there with the big standing stone by the entrance and they said they would check it out.

Pam and I are going to a talk given by the Heritage Society tonight, about the history of a local house (Pencerrig) - talented local artist Thomas Jones lived there.

Tam messaged me earlier on and she and Rosie are coming for the weekend.  I will make us a chicken curry and find something to tempt Rosie with . . .  She likes everything that is bad for her - salami and pepperoni and ham and sausage rolls . . .  I have a home made cheese and onion pasty in the freezer she may eat.

I enjoyed "Agatha" on Prime last night - it is very close to the book with her in I'm reading at the moment!  She meets up with Leonard and Katherine Woolley (he was THE archaeologist back in the 20s and 30s) at the dig at Ur in Mesopotamia.  Dastardly doings and of course she meets the love of her life, Max Mallowan, in the book and in the drama.  A nice evening's viewing.

Listened to a Podcast In Our Time yesterday, about The Battle of Crecy.  Then The Rest is History, and The Klu Klux Klan.  




1 comment:

  1. Good full view pics! It is lovely. I can see why you want to rescue it. Don't make it so large it's huge, heavy and unusable. Maybe just a narrow 3, 4" border to frame it? I'll be interested to know what the quilting group expert advises.
    I'm glad you re feeling better.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete