I am absolutely worn out, so just a few photos around the Fair.
If I had had the money to spare, this painting would have come home with me. It was absolutely lovely and the light in it just magical.
Tam, Jon and Rosie came over in the afternoon and I took 20 mins off to have a look around the more expensive stands in the front two buildings. I have to say, they were looking very empty of stalls, badly so. It has the look of a Fair in decline . . .
Off to watch the last half an hour or so of a good drama, Emily, about Emily Bronte, which is on BBC and I was watching last night. Then my bed will be very welcome indeed.








Rest up! Love the pics, thank you. Is the fair tomorrow also?
ReplyDeleteRemember to eat dinner and drink lots of water.
I don't think antique fairs are 'in' at the moment, but probably will come around again. We've had a wander round Matlock today, the only thing I bought was a steamer saucepan set in a charity shop for £3. I got the bulbs I wanted in B&M, but waiting for the last of the summer stuff to die back a bit. Watched the racing from Haydock and now Bookish recorded earlier. Xx
ReplyDeleteThat painting...you could sit and look and think for hours.
ReplyDeleteThat was a surprisingly empty hall...
Definitely in decline in Australia also! I have inherited a couple of pieces of green glass. JennyP
ReplyDeleteI see the appeal of the painting: a country road that leads one deeper with each bend. That dollhouse has a rather dark and foreboding feel about it; I wonder if it was a copy of an actual house.
ReplyDeleteThe green glassware is so pretty--more for special desserts or an elegant 'party, rather than everyday meals, don't you think?
I hope you'll be resting tomorrow, and maybe the next day as well!
We went to a fair today also. Our fair bore no resemblance to yours. We went for the tractor pulls. There were rides. Music. An animal show. I bought a jade plant and some gourmet spice blends for stocking stuffers.
ReplyDeleteIt's a shame antique and collectables fairs are in decline we don't have many here, I inherited some lovely things from my parents and have managed to collect quite a few things over the years mainly in charity shops. All that green depression glass is lovely I have quite a collection about a third of what was in your picture plus some in pink in particular a dressing table set I carried home from England which sits on my vintage swing mirror dressing table that still has the little circular castors on the legs. I expect it will all end up in a garage sale when I'm gone in the meantime I love it that's all that matters. Hope you managed to have a good rest after your tiring day. From Shirley in OZ
ReplyDeleteSome interesting things there but it does look very quiet.
ReplyDeleteLove that painting too and what a huge collection of that green glass - is that what they call uranium glass? Rather a limited market I should think unless someone wants to start their own collection.
The antique fairs need me seem to be in decline too. It's very sad.
ReplyDeleteThe painting is gorgeous. I could sit and look at that for hours. I have an old painting of a Scottish scene at the top of my stairs and every time I climb them I imagine myself walking into the view. As a bit of fun we have named it the 'Scottish staircase'.
Hope you are feeling rested now, I enjoyed the photos
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
This most definitely looks like a fair in decline. What a shame, I would not pay to wander round what looks like a nearly empty aircraft hanger, in the hope of finding antiques that I liked.
ReplyDelete