This was my special Brunch today. There must be a Blue Moon tonight because that is the only time I have one of these pattiserie fruit pies. Scrummy!
I phoned the Doctors' surgery first thing and got an appointment to have my eye checked. She gave me a prescription for antibiotic drops, 4 times a day for 5 days. My eye feels a little easier already and the discomfort in my tear duct and top of ??sinuses, has gone. She said it didn't present as an SCC so I think my appt. at the local Minor Injuries next week may be a waste of their time, but I will know for sure.
I remembered to roast my chicken today and really enjoyed my meal, especially the roasties which I haven't had more than once since Christmas!
A cheat's chicken gravy made at the last minute, with some Chicken gravy thickener and boiling water. This was a big meal for me!
This is a little cushion for the tiny teddy chair I bought recently. I have decided the ancient grey paint shabby chic look is not doing it any favours, so I will paint it white tomorrow to cheer it up a bit. These were all (apart from the central square) little bits of Liberty fabrics I bought a bag of at Malvern last year. They were lovely to work with.
I have been cutting fabrics for the curtains too, and unpicking the deep blue from the blocks for Rosie's quilt, and have replaced it on two with the mid blue I got at Calico Kate's. Off to unpick the others now.
Today's podcast was about Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot, and on Saturday I had epic listenings about King Arthur and Tintagel; Stonehenge, ancient ritual an the origins of paganism; and a.n.other.



That tart looks very sophisticated. I hope it was as amazing as it promised to be.
ReplyDeleteYes, creme base on the pastry and the fruit drizzled with a fruit gel. Y.U.M.M.Y.!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my that tart looks so delicious. Your roast meal looks like a very filling one. The cushion is just perfect for that chair.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Yes, it reminds me of one I had in Florence, Italy. That was possibly nicer - but since we had traipsed miles trying to find the shop again where we'd seen them earlier, that may have enhanced the flavour!!
DeleteOh the joys of IBS means most treats just make me ill these days. That tart looks amazing though, very jealous!
ReplyDeleteOh Simon, how horrid. I have to be careful with apples and strawberries these days. Diverticulosis.
DeleteI love a roast chicken dinner and the fruit tart looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
That fruit tart looks amazing. You must have a will of steel not to eat one every week. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the little cushion Jennie, it will look just right on the white painted chair. A Roast Chicken dinner - very tasty. I was going to buy a piece of beef for last Sunday's dinner, but not at £14 for a tiny piece and that was YS. We have risotto tonight, my Mum's recipe, where you don't have to spend hours stirring stock into it. Take care. Xx
ReplyDelete