Wednesday 7 December 2016

Yellow dandruff and a lovely walk . . .


My dear friend Deb suggested a walk today.  I needed a break from painting the kitchen so I joined her up on the mynydd above Pontardulais.  Isn't it beautiful?


We have another walk planned along this bridleway half way up the side of this hill - and a further one along the TOP of it!  I can't wait.  As you can see, the sun came out for us and it was SO warm for December.


Up on the top, looking across at the little homesteads spread out in the landscape.  There will be LOTS more photos tomorrow, but meanwhile I shall leave you with the current state of play in the kitchen - which has jackets abandoned on every chair, (mostly my husband's!), cat towels on all the chairs as they keep bringing their muddy paws in, and chaos everywhere.  One more wall to do now.


See what I mean?!  The painting is the reason for the yellow dandruff!!

There will be an "AFTER" picture . . .

8 comments:

  1. It will be worth the yellow dandruff, nice and sunny through the grey winter days

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful up there, glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they say you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs. It will look fantastic when it is done.
    Lovely photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I have had a therapeutic day today, about grieving and loss and dealing with it. I needed "the wild" for that, and the wise council of my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Decorating always brings chaos in its wake, still it will be worth it in the end, even the yellow flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's worth it already, as it's a lovely warm shade of yellow - sort of custardy, and like custard to paint on too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will all look so good when it's finished. I find walking helps with so much, which is why I started my walking blog. It can be very healing. Love and hugs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow kitchens are so amazingly cute. Mine was yellow for decades. I love the shade you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete