Monday 4 November 2019

Brain in neutral

We had a day out yesterday, and headed for Malvern Antiques Fair.  It doesn't start till ten so we didn't need to leave till 7.15 and just had a slow wander round, chatting to friends and making some new ones.




A little late for Halloween - some unusual bits of Taxidermy and similar stuff . . .



A little child's "tackety boot" - a witch device often found in chimneys in old houses (as one was here).  This offered for sale at £75.  Ours comes free with the house, as it belongs here.


A little fun piece - wee moosie has the edge over the kitten . . .


With a price tag in the region of £350, I could only admire and ask to take a photo of this gorgeous Arts & Crafts hand beaten copper charger . . .  At least photos are free!


This stall is run by a lady who stands at some of the Fairs we do.  She has lots of French things, and some Scandinavian bits too. We had a nice chat and once again I removed myself from the proximity of a little Scandinavian metal wild berry picker . . .  Wanted but not needed!



These have a rather Ruskin look about the glaze - especially the mulberry coloured vase on the back left.  Such pieces don't turn up in our neck of the woods, sadly.



A slightly blurry photo of a Deco bowl I fell in love with - the dealer gave me a good discount, but I couldn't blow £60 on something for me.  Have other things I need to spend my money on.

This lovely brass Indian bowl DID come back with me though (for stock).


The old dressing table is one we bought for Gabby, who asked us to look out for one.  Now to be rubbed down and painted white . . .


Sorry, this came out very dark.  Elephants in the jungle and man being attached by a pair of lions.  Currently researching this design.


Trading up - we bought this little child's Windsor rocker for our collection, and will free up two more child's chairs to sell.  It just needs a good polish now.


Plus a little costume jewellery brooch to put some colour into my display box of jewellery bits.

Photos of the scenery tomorrow - feel too shattered today to write much.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting and some wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was Royal Doulton piece I loved - but at £850 it was staying put!!

      Delete
  2. A darling little chair! I carried my childhood rocker [which had been my mother's] through years of moves hoping to find someone like your Keith who might repair it. Sadly, we never did, and in clearing before this last move I found Jimmy had tossed it in the burn pit. Still not quite reconciled to that.
    The dressing table should finish up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame you weren't able to find someone to mend your childhood rocker. Keith could have done it easily I'm sure, as he is used to such jobs.

      I will have to make a start on the dressing table but I need another day or so to rest up.

      Delete
  3. Oh there are some beautiful pieces there - I do have a soft spot for a large cup and the glaze colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very pretty aren't they? Sadly, they don't seem to turn up at auction or Fairs locally.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. It was lovely to just wander round slowly for once and look properly!

      Delete