Sunday 19 March 2017

Some more lesser-known views of Hay-on-Wye


My apologies, but words will be few this morning as I have some sort of bug and just want to sleep - my brain doesn't feel like it is in residence AT ALL!  Some photos from a wander round Hay-on-Wye with the camera on Friday morning. Above - Chestnut leaves unfurling on a tree by the river.


From the bridge over the Wye, looking back across the rooftops - the Lovely pointy roof is the clocktower, and of course, the castle behind it.


Coming back up from the river, a lovely row of cottages.  They front the lane up to Clyro.


Above and below, The Three Tuns Inn, which as you can see, dates back to the 16th C.  We'll have to check it out inside some time.



Above and below, further along the same road (which heads out towards Clifford castle and then the Toll Bridge over the Wye.



There was a footpath by this plaque, so next time I shall explore.  Below are the cottages a field away below the plaque. 





Above and below: a pretty garden which is beside this stream.  The heathers look lovely at this time of year when we have been starved of colour all winter. Right, I am off to lie down on the sofa now, and hope my brain takes up residence again later. . .




5 comments:

  1. Hope your bug is short lived. I've been to Hay lots of times but my remembered views are just the inside of bookshops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are too, but I love exploring new bits.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Marlene. I have just rested up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photographs. Feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jules. I feel a bit brighter this evening (my brain is returning!)

    ReplyDelete