Friday 9 February 2018

Bridleway walk Part II



Above and below: two of Ty Coch's broodmares (I think they are Section C although grey is more of a Section A colour, but this one is over-height for that category.)


A wooded cwm below a farm - I am struggling to identify it and fear I need to go and look at a local map.  You can just see a smidgin of snow below the clump of pine trees.


One of two somewhat battered Periwinkles straggling up through the steep rocky margin to the lane.


Below: all the hedgerow along this stretch of the lane looks as if it has been thatched.  Thinking back, I reckon it was probably a big growth of Cleavers.


As you can see, scarcely any snow at all.  A sort of snow-sneeze rather than a snow fall!


Below - some obligatory river photos.  I am glad to say that a recent rise in water levels swept away the two very dead sheep who had been washed up on the rocks.




6 comments:

  1. Love the sweet Mares they are very beautiful, even if somewhat muddy.

    cheers, parsnip and mandibles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mud goes with the territory round here parsnip! You should see outside our front gate at the moment . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and ponies and I can hear the sound of the river. Do you think we’ll have a warm dry summer after all this winter rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeful of a warm dry summer every year Sarah, but I wouldn't like to put a bet on it! We used to have a heat wave every May, when our stream dried up, but the weather patterns have changed and that doesn't happen any more.

      Delete
  4. Super photos and ponies. We have a few periwinkles in flower in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see the hand of a gardener at work on my walks - Snowdrops and Periwinkles by the remains of hovels and cottages.

    ReplyDelete