Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year

Sorry for my absence, but I have had a bit of a cold which nailed me to the sofa and filled my head with cotton wool.  At least I have read a chunk more of "Tombland" and watched more tv than usual, and read bits of my Christmas books.


I took the tree down yesterday, and was promptly in the doghouse with Tam, who wanted it to stay up longer, so here is my alternative "Wintering" of the hall - little birds and baubles from the main tree on some beech I gathered before Christmas.


Our beautiful new bedding was soon washed and on the bed.  It's 300 count so very fine.  LOVE the colour and William Morris Strawberry Thief design.  I must get started on the William Morris heirloom quilt the girls bought me the fabrics for 2 birthdays ago . . .


Here are the Meeces and Mr Robin waiting to be put away for another year.


The Christmas tree decorations, gathered over many years, when we would each choose a special bauble for the tree.  About to be carried back up to the attic.


Finally, a view of our valley from a recent walk.  Off to the beach today to blow away the cobwebs and I hope, clear my nose!

8 comments:

  1. Your scenery is so beautiful - hope you're feeling better -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome Karen Ann. Feeling better for the sea air. Glad you love the scenery - if you could bottle it, you'd be onto a winner!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year and Enjoy the fresh Welsh sea air.

    We had a couple of hours of sun now fog has rolled in - horrible

    Hope there is good luck with the house selling this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sun here - just wall to wall grey skies all day long, but we enjoyed our short beach walk (tide had only just turned). Sorry you had fog. We have our fingers crossed about the house selling FINALLY this year.

      Delete
  3. I adore your new bedding. The colour is so rich.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? I couldn't wait to wash it, iron it and dress the bed. It's a delight to sleep under, but still a bit "crackly"!

      Delete
  4. Happy 2020. Hope the cold goes soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a Happy New Year. I hope you get over the cold soon. The new bed linen is sumptuous :) Christmas Tree still up here - my son and daughter don't like it taken down until 5th or 6th January and ours too is full of ornaments collected and made over many years :)

    ReplyDelete