Saturday 23 March 2024

I'm tired tonight


 Even though I was a passenger, as Danny drove us to visit Keith today, I am still tired.  I think the worry over Keith and knowing he just wants to come home a.s.a.p. wears me down.  I have still not shaken off my productive cough and had the last a-b today, so Monday may see me down the Dr's first thing, before I go to Hereford.  Gabby phoned, and was croaking and barely able to speak.  I do hope she wasn't brewing this when we saw her on Wednesday as it's the last thing Keith needs.

He has had a chest X-Ray and Scan - the latter to check for blood clots.  I hadn't even given them a thought because he has been having daily injections which I thought guarded against that happening. The physio said the X-ray was ok.  We don't know about the scan yet.

He ate all his cottage pie today - a few days back he left it after just a half teaspoonful.  He says he has more appetite now and this, as food, looked reasonably palatable.



We were watching the racing together this afternoon.  I missed the Lincoln as we left just before it was run, but I've checked on his racehorse (he is part of a syndicate and probably owns about 2 hairs of its tail!), Grand Albert, who was running at Bangor today, and he won, which is great news and will have cheered Keith up no end.  He has syndicate shares in 4 or 5 horses, which we gave him as Christmas presents, and it gives him a real interest.  

I am now sewing the binding on the crawler quilt and screwed up the first corner already (always my nemesis).  At least I am being consistent with the entire thing!  No baby news yet.  She is due tomorrow, but may well be late . . .  I will keep you posted.

7 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet lamb! Keep resting , there’s no way you will be anywhere near match fit after what you’ve been dealing with the past year. It will take time and you must put yourself as a priority and let others hold the fort as often as possible x Hope K’s scan is ok and that’s good he’s eating more. That darling baby will come , gosh she’s going to be loved xxx Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: turning the binding corners--they can be a struggle. The dear friend with whom I made my first quilts years ago, used to say [after we had endlessly fussed and refolded] 'No one will see all four corners of the quilt at once!'
    Do babies ever arrive on their predicted date? It seems to usually be a case of nature's timing. That being said, its wonderful that today there are many quick methods of intervention if a delivery isn't going well--too many mothers and babies lost to prolonged and difficult labors in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith is impoooorooving, that's what counts--and your health too of course.

    Pls be sure to take a few good pics of the quilt for me/ us. Full on and also some closeups. Can't wait to see it. Is the knitted bunny done?

    Sending healing thoughts to you all. [poor Gabby!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my fingers crossed that Keith gets his wish to come home soon and that you are feeling better as well.

    I always make a mess of at least one corner of a quilt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much happening in your corner of the world! I check here daily, looking for either Keith news or Rosie Posie news. I am glad that Keith's appetite is returning. That will help him gain strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running around is wearing the rest of you down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as though you are completely drained, you need time to get yourself well so that you can help Keith when he's home. A day off from visiting at all would do you the world of good, you will be no help to Keith until you are completely fighting fit again. I'm glad to hear that he's eating again, with an improved appetite hopefully he will gain more strength.

    ReplyDelete