Monday 25 February 2019

When it hits 60 deg. in February . . .there's only one place to be!


It was foggy when we got up early for the car boot sale - we got down there and folk were still arriving and no-one had unpacked or set-up.  We missed a decent car by walking away to see what others were unpacking, but hey-ho, that's the way it goes sometimes, and the decent car was asking non-trade prices anyway.  I came home with just two small glass vasess for a pound apiece.  So we bought the Sunday paper and came home.  It got hotter and hotter when the fog cleared and I had such an urge to go to the beach, so that's what we did.  Llansteffan is our nearest beach, and we knew the main car park would be full by the time we got there so we parked on the grassy area and walked up the estuary, back down towards the castle, and home via Tesco's where we bought a tub of Carte d'Or ice cream for what one small cone would have cost . . .


Above and below: looking up the estuary.  Imagine the sound of Oystercatchers . . .


Above and below: sleepy Ferryside in the sunshine.



Looking out to the mouth of the Towy where it flows into Carmarthen Bay, with of course, Llansteffan castle on the headland.

Below: my husband strolled ahead of me whilst I stopped and took photos.




Looking towards the church.



Some kids had had fun building this den with sticks washed up on the beach.


Finally - some of the pretty pastel-hued cottages that line the lane down to the beach.  Some are holiday homes but others lived in all year round.

You may have guessed the current header was taken yesterday too - I couldn't really see what I was taking as the sun was so bright, but it was one of my better "point and shoot" pics which has turned out so well I may have a big copy printed off . . .


4 comments:

  1. You certainly made the most of a lovely February day BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been gardening too Pat. The inside jobs can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new header photo and it so lovely to see the sea and beaches - wish I lived nearer to the coast! The weather is unbelievable for February - have cast off my jumpers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A walk along the beach!!!! Perfect!!!!!

    So nice, to see the fun which kids have had, out in nature. (the hut of sticks) How lucky they are, to live, where children can still go out, and wander, and play. Like my/our kids could. But which our Grands, have never really been able to do. -sigh-

    Delightful painted cottages!!!!!!

    I love it, that you change your Header! I do too, because it's fun for me. But few blogger do. Great fun, to see, you do too!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete