Thursday 2 May 2019

Final (delayed) photos from Wightwick Manor


Wonderful William de Morgan pieces.  Oh my . . .








I really loved the Persian influenced work - very much the style of tiles we saw in the Ashmolean Museum back in November.







Above - the tack room had been left more or less as it had been, complete with pre-War serge and linen-lined hunting saddles.  Below - the loose boxes had been turned into somewhere to sit for lunch, which suited me down to the ground!  I felt very at home!

Health update - mending slowly and I got 4 hours' sleep last night.  Which helps though it doesn't seem much.  I have been downstairs baking up a storm to use this bonus time usefully.

I'm going back to bed for a bit, then it's back to the decorating.


4 comments:

  1. Hope you continue to improve. I have really enjoyed seeing round Wightwick. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. will go there this month when over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting more photos of Wightwick and glad to hear you are improving and getting a little more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Wightwick tour. I had only a vague idea of his work.

    ReplyDelete