Wednesday 4 December 2019

Still no news



I had a lovely day today as Gabby came up for lunch and afterwards we put some music on and we sat round the kitchen table and wrapped up Christmas presents, so that's one job 90% done.  Tam and I were turning last year's Christmas cards (which have suddenly made an unscheduled appearance) into gift tags for presents.  I have even been into my craft cupboard in the sitting room and whilst searching for pins and ribbons, I put aside a few things I can take to Cloth, Paper, Stitch in Llandeilo. 

I was awake in the night - finally went back to bed at 2 a.m. - and I got the 2nd half of the Christmas cards written.  Just one minor problem - I can't find the blardy FIRST HALF! They got thrown into a cupboard or similar when I was hurtling round on Saturday morning, tidying up and vacuuming, dusting, cleaning floors etc.

We haven't heard anything yet from the viewers last weekend, the couple who WE want to have the house. I am hoping that "no news is good news".  Anyway, we haven't had a definite NO so that is something to hold onto.  For anyone reading who thinks I am overly positive about everyone who comes to view- well yes, no one has hated it yet.  Some people don't find it suits their needs, but everyone really likes it and says so in their feedback.  So there!

In the meantime my frazzled mind has functioned sufficiently for me to make a few purchases on line today (gift cards for young relatives t'other side of the country) and to make a list of presents bought and those I still need to get, so that's progress.  I plan to go downstairs now, do today's Codeword puzzle and some more sewing on the border of the green hexi table runner.  





6 comments:

  1. Pleasedto see you ae a Codeword fan - so am I.
    Hope the house news is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep my brain functioning, and bought a Supermarket Codework book last week.

      I will be busy today so hopefully not stressing so about "that" phonecall. ..

      Delete
  2. I hope you hear something very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie - unbridled enthusiasm as she gets Xmas going. Had a card from Em yesterday, miss her in the blogging world. I'm not doing cards this year, perhaps just to family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could find those other Christmas cards Thelma - Lord knows where I bunged them!! I had a card from Em too and like you, I miss her posts, and miss my Dartmoor "fix" from her photos. Don't blame you giving up on cards.

      Delete