Wednesday 8 April 2020

Chocolate Apple Cake Recipe for KJ




 
Here's the recipe for you JK (and anyone else who wants to try it).  This time I mixed the warm apple mix in with the fats first,  and beat it so no lumps of apple, then added the flour, and it came out very fudgy.  This time we had some 95% cocoa chocolate to use up as although Keith LOVES very strong chocolate, this one was too much for him and 85% is as high as he will go now.  But I don't like waste, so I did some chocolate chips and it made the cake even tastier, and not too sweet.  The outside almost caramelised as Someone (OK, I own up) set the timer and forgot to turn it on, then went on the computer (upstairs), so this got a bit of a suntan.  It is YUMMY, and I only wish we had ice cream in to go with it.



12 comments:

  1. A lovely combination....that will be worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a lovely moist cake and is perfect if you have run out of eggs . . .

      Delete
  2. Not into baking cake BB but worth loooking for those lovely celandines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Celendines are so cheerful aren't they Pat? Glad you can resist the cake.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! This made my day!
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious and sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth making especially if you have any old apples going soft in the fruit bowl (though they don't break down as well as a good cooker.)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing the recipe with all of us. I will need to convert to cups and tsps. but will definitely give this a try very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not too difficult to convert. I have cup measures here for American recipes but am always stymied by the "two sticks of butter". How much doe a stick of butter weigh please?

      Delete
  6. Sounds delicious, thank you for sharing. I too love your celandine photo.

    ReplyDelete