Sunday 2 July 2023

All that was left was the pyjama bottoms . . . CATS! Plus three ingredient cookies (and link to recipe).

. . . . that was a baby rabbit which Alfie caught earlier.  I'd seen him at the edge of the lawn for the big house next door, waiting patiently.  His patience was rewarded.  The girls hung around hopefully but I thought it best to wrap up what was left in newspaper and bung it over the fence into our woodland.  I didn't want Ghengis finding the chitterlings again . . .



I bought Keith a neck/back massager this week, as his neck seizes up regularly and he can barely walk then.  The low blood pressure seems to cause this. Anyway, it came in a large paper bag which immediately became popular with the girls.





She jumped on me!  Don't like that Lulu. . .


Got it. My favourite plastic bag.


I haven't had breakfast yet . . .



Room for 2nds . . . Needless to say, these are swiftly removed or she will eat chunks!


You can tell it's raining, as Pippi and Ghengis voted with their feet and set up home in the Utility room.

I went to the little car boot sale at Clyro first thing,  but just came away with two Rudbeckia for £5 and a beautiful deep blood red Dahlia, which I've put in a spare pot.    There was nothing else in the least of interest to me.

Since then I have stewed up apple for an apple cake and an apple crumble. I've made a lovely oven-crusty loaf with some of the last bag of Oats and Bran bread flour.  It HAS been discontinued, but I found a recipe on line and I can just whizz up some oats in my blender to get the oat part of the flour.  I also made a batch of Healthy Chocolate Banana Oatmeal cookies.  So simple to make as just 3 ingredients - ripe bananas, rolled and flaked oats and chocolate chips.  They are yummy.  when you think of the 25 or so ingredients in many baked goods, this just shows how it can be.  They only took 10 mins or so preparation and the most arduous part was chopping up plain chocolate.  Cheaper that way than buying chocolate chips.

Photos tomorrow. Meanwhile I am heading bedwards as I have been busy making a new planted area (well, partly planted and partly dug)along the top of the wall to the side of the steps and their approach at the side of the house.  I'm pleased with the work so far anyway.





8 comments:

  1. Cats are so full of imagination--never a dull moment! 'Making a new planted area'--we are somehow compelled to keep doing this--aching backs and more areas to weed not-withstanding! The varieties of plants are endlessly intriguing--especially when they thrive and blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way cats can make a game out of anything and then suddenly stop and walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I didn't admit to the Big Plan which is to continue the cleared/planted bank right along, and to have a path at the top. I can fit more roses in then!! It's going to be the Pink Garden. It will keep me fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are prone to bring in gifts to the people they own, aren't they? I've had neighbours with cats, find gifts of half eaten birds, mice, and one even came home to find a snake on her doormat just inside the front door.
    As I am about to have a fruit bowl full of ripe. bananas I think I might try and find that recipe online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They clearly consider us pathetic at hunting!! Someone I know heard a hell of a racket in the middle of the night, and came down to find the cat had dragged a very live and panicked Mallard Duck through the cat flap and let it loose!

      https://izzycooking.com/healthy-cookies-recipes/

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, that is hilarious tale. My mother's cats were very good hunters. She woke up one morning to find a very dead chipmunk lovingly placed on her pillow right next to her face. From all accounts, there was a great deal of screaming.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you took the warning on plastic bags, 'these bags can suffocate' not only babies but kittens as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep a close eye on them. Plastic bags are not toys - she only grabs one first thing in the morning, as if she is desperately hungry!! rather than a bit peckish . . .

    ReplyDelete