Monday, 20 July 2026

Getting Cooler


As you can see, it's filling up in the fields above the showground.  There is a massive Young People's village further up the road, and we could hear their music till gone 3 a.m. this morning.  Sadly, there has been a tragedy as a young man of 25 collapsed and died.  In the next sentence, Police mentioned arresting 3 young men in drugs-related incidents.  His poor family.  

 It's only 20 deg at the moment.  I can cope with that if I don't have to do too much outside.  I went out for a walk at 11 ish, when it was a bit cooler.  Just 40 mins or so, but good to stretch my legs after all the driving yesterday (though I walked 10K steps round the Fair too).  


A trio of little pieces came home with me and the pretty green enamel pot.


A pretty little minature painted dresser.


A vintage Blue Mountain pitcher.  (Canadian ceramics company, I believe).


I couldn't resist this pretty embroidered piece - when I got back to the car and looked at it properly, it had a pair of kid gloves tucked inside.  Bonus buy . . .

I want to try and crack on and finish the last big 16 piece block of the quilt today, and sew the last seams (it's partly assembled).  Photo later I hope . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hearing about that poor 25-year-old collapsing is absolutely devastating, and it puts a massive damper on the festive mood of the showground. On a brighter note, you found some gorgeous treasures, that little painted dresser is incredibly charming and finding those vintage kid gloves inside the embroidery is such a lovely surprise. Best of luck power-sewing those final seams on your big quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome.

    It will have been dreadful for the friends he went with too. So young - with his life ahead of him.

    I think the little dresser will soon find a new home. The kid gloves aren't worth a great deal but helped my cause :) Quilt top is finished now . . . P.H.E.W.

    ReplyDelete