Thursday 5 June 2014

Wholewheat Mincemeat Cake recipe

100g/4 oz butter
100g/4 oza barbados sugar
3 large eggs
300g/12oz mincemeat (mine is homemade)
175g/7oz self-raising wholewheat flour
About 4 tblspns milk

Grease an 18-20cm/8" round cake tin and line bottom with greased greaseproof paper (I do the sides too).

Cream butter and sugar well.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  If it begins to curdle add a little of the flour.  Stir in the mincemeat and fold in flour, adding milk to obtain a moist mixture.  Bake in a moderate oven, Gas 3, 325 deg. F, 160 deg. C, for about 1 1/4 hours until cake is firm on top and shrinking slightly from edge of tin.

Keeps well for several weeks (apparently!!!  I couldn't possibly comment . . . )

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so hoped you would post this recipe....
    I sounds so good, Thank you.

    cheers, parsip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen the photo in a previous post - I just have to make this. It looks scrumptious. I've got some left-over mincemeat I made last Christmas in the fridge so I'll have a go at your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete