Friday 15 March 2019

A couple more things Finished!


FINALLY, the new shower room is finished.  I have had to be patient, because it was very slow work because Keith's frozen shoulder preventing him from working regularly on it.  All it needs now is another wee Green Man being hung in a corner, and the little table in the corner will have a spikey plant on it as Tam is bringing me one tomorrow.

So Yah, Boo, Sucks to the family who viewed the house last year when this room was still a work in progress and enquired would this be a working shower when it was done?  You have no idea how much that still rankles with me, as we had to be polite to them and not snap, "what do you blardy well think?!"






Another "finished" - we bought this bed (in pieces of course), and Gabby had the loan of it for a while, and then bought herself a better one, and we got this back (in pieces).  This morning I persuaded Keith that we might as well get it put together in time for Tam's arrival tomorrow, and so we did.

Whilst it was still dry this morning I set to and began ripping the ivy off the small wall by the dustbins, and have an entire wheelbarrow-full to show for it.

Then I took photos of various items of tack that I need to clear.  I spent the entire afternoon listing them on eBay as I watched the racing.  Well, yesterday was a Day of Dreams, but today was a day of sorrow, after Sir Erec broke a leg and then later, Invitation Only had a bad fall and had to be put down.  The highs and lows of National Hunt racing.  

We have Tam returning home for a week tomorrow, and Danny coming to stay this weekend too, then Gabby mid-week, so it will be lovely to have them home.  I will go back Oop North with Tam for the following weekend, and I am very excited about going up to Yorkshire, as we are going to the Bronte Parsonage Museum. I have always been interested by the Brontes and the last time I went to the Museum was 1987, with my daughter in a push-chair!  I think I "may" treat myself to a book or two . . .

8 comments:

  1. Wish you were coming somewhere near here BB - it would be nice to meet after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would indeed Pat,but sadly I'm a good few miles South of you and reliant on Tam for transport.

      Delete
  2. The idea of decorating myself is so beyond me it's unreal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've always done it Simon - Keith does the tiling, and I do the painting.

      Delete
  3. The shower looks lovely, and I love all your finishing touches to rooms - that's what I'm no good at.
    Have a good time with all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you think it looks good. Some of the "finishing touches" have been here for years, but the wee ducks in the shower room were £1 at a recent car boot sale and just the right shades of brown and grey.

    Tam's here now, so about to get the roast started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new shower room looks super :) Have a lovely family time with your son and daughters and enjoy the Bronte museum - have never been sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR - I got a dove grey towel today (matches the tiles and won't show the dirt so much as a lighter towel!!) I hope you get a chance to go to the Bronte Museum at some time - any coach trips up there from over your way?

      Delete