Monday 4 March 2019

A wee bit Weary


We had a full-on weekend again. We had a Fleamarket on Saturday, which went well (better for Keith's side of things than mine, but sometimes it's the other way around.  It was a looong day though and I drove both ways (65 miles each way), and of course an early start as it always is with Fairs.  Here is my side of the stand. I try and vary the display each time and as this is a Fleamarket, I normally have lesser things than at the Antiques Fairs.  The surprise best-sellers were some Victorian photographs at £4 a page and I sold about 8 of those and there was a lot of interest - yet at other Fairs they have been ignored time and time again!  Which suggests it might not be a bad idea to look out some more with this venue in mind.



Then yesterday, being gluttons for punishment, we got up at 6 ish, and drove to Malvern, where there is an Antiques  Fair a few times a year.  We don't normally go except to the June one, which has a limited number of outside stands too, but Keith fancied a day out and I never say no to one either.  

Above is the little Victorian impasto vase I bought for myself, which is almost certainly Exeter.  I have a small collection of Exeter pieces and this one I just fell in love with.  The flowers are slightly raised from the layers of paint.  I have a tall Amphora-style vase with impasto Irises on which may be Exeter too.

We enjoyed strolling around seeing what was on offer (some VERY nice pieces of Ruskin pottery and a fabulous big vase/jar decorated by Frederick Rhead, but at £165 that wasn't coming home with me!  Keith found a couple of things too, so we were both pleased.  We managed to get home before Storm Freya set in, but it wasn't too bad here at all.  I think my friend near Ross-on-Wye had it worse. We must have been on the border.


Above: a present from Keith.  Two Royal Doulton coaching scenes, which I collect, as my g. g. grandfather was a coachman and used to drive the Exeter coach.


Finally, hopefully the bunk beds will be collected tonight.  We listed them, and a pile of other things, on eBay, and once they are gone I shall be able to spread my sewing room right to the end of Bedroom 5.  Photos when done.

I still feel tired as I have been cleaning up in advance of the chap coming to collect the beds.  Theo has got stressed again because the other stray tom is still hanging around, and he has been spraying at the back of the hall.  I think I have found the two places he picked on, and scrubbed it all and sprayed with the Pets at Home stuff which removes the odour (thank heavens).  I also got him some more Zylkene powders to ease his anxiety.  I could do with some myself as I had no energy earlier on but anxiety levels were high over needing to get the last bit of quilting done on the Random Quilt so Alex could have the sewing machine she'd loaned me back, and also doing housework.  No energy to rush round.  Now I am able to take a deep breath again and have got up to date on my blog too.

Tomorrow I am going to tackle sorting out the Junk Room - aren't I brave?!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! Good luck on the junk room!! It will feel so good when it is done! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, glad I got you back Ann. Sorry about deleting you! I will feel wonderful when the junk room is tidied - but it holds various bits and pieces which can't be chucked, only rearranged!

      Delete
  2. Your stand looks so inviting in that photograph BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Pat. I enjoy varying what I have on offer, especially when you are doing the same venue regularly.

      Delete
  3. Yes you are! Your energy and what you have done over the last few days is amazing. Love the stuff you sell, and the stuff you bought. Now chill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will spend tomorrow afternoon in "me" time I think (probably sewing). I do need to get to grips with the junk room though, as I don't know where anything is any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh, getting up at 6am in these kind of cold mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lie-in for us Simon - we regularly get up 3.30/4 a.m. to go to Malvern, and if we decide to sell there, you canset that alarm two hours earlier! Takes me until Wednesday to feel normal again though . . .

      Delete
  6. Your stand looks so lovely - and I love the vase and plates you bought home. I went to a local antique fair at the weekend hoping to find some nice jugs - sadly there were very few so I didn't stay long. I do admire your energy :) Good luck with the junk room.

    ReplyDelete