Friday 25 October 2019

A busy week again

We were due two viewings this week.  One had been carried over from last week, when a second viewing was put back a week. The other were new viewers, who booked for yesterday.  Lovely people (extended family) who liked the house.  It seems to suit them.  So we will have to see.

Today's 2nd viewing lady was unable to turn up due to sudden illness.  Having had the extra viewing yesterday, I am glad I didn't do 12 hours' housework and gardening for nothing.  It was over two days - 8 hours one day and 4 the next.  I always do the windows, paintwork, etc apart from the usual tidying up and cleaning. I even bought myself a bunch of flowers to enjoy and to make the room look extra pretty.  Apparently I am strange like that, wanting to prettify the house with flowers, but there we are, I know it isn't going to make them buy the house but it does make the house look homely and cared for.

I know one thing, I have aged in the past year - last year I could do a flat-out 14 hour day, this year I am slower and have to stagger it.  I will put it down to age.  I like to have everything pristine - though I am not house-proud for everyday living.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I actually sat down and RELAXED.  We put on an old favourite DVD of ours, The 13th Warrior, with Antonio Banderas in the lead role.  Good eye candy (and that's just his horse!)  Today we watched Casablanca, one of my old favourites. 

I have also awarded myself the weekend off and hope to get some quilt-making done . . . if we haven't floated away! 

9 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to relax. Everything crossed for the viewings. I remember it well. 9 years ago after many trials we cracked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to relax all weekend too Jill. In fact, OH has a head start on me as he's eating breakfast and watching the Rugby!!

      Delete
  2. Well, there's no point thinking of doing any gardening! Perhaps it's just as well your second viewing lady didn't turn up today - although didn't you say she wanted to see the house when the weather had turned?
    I hate this period of house-selling. I've done it three times, and it's not natural, keeping a house in 'viewing-ready condition'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh no, veg artist - you'd practically need an aqualung out there this morning!

      She certainly did say she wanted to see the house when the weather had turned, and wanted to see the land too (I got Next Door to move his calving heifers on HER behalf).

      We feel in limbo of course, and I SO agree with you having to keep the house in "viewing-ready condition". I can do it up to a certain point but it still needs a long day's housekeeping to get it as I want it for viewings . . .

      Delete
  3. I hope that your weekend is just the perfect way for you to relax.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do some sewing - I owe our darling son a quilt - both his sisters have had one.

      Delete
  4. Good luck on a sale of your house. Enjoy your well deserved weekend off. Your children are fortunate to have a mother that quilts. I manage to sew on buttons or put small projects together when I crochet. I enjoy and envy people who accomplish such wonderful sewing items. Could you share a picture when your son's quilt is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope something comes of the first viewing and the other person for second viewing comes soon. I've finally managed to exchange contracts on the sale of my mother's house after giving the buyer an ultimatum as he was just dragging it out. Believe me the problems and stress have rather put me off the thought of selling our own house and moving so I dread to think what you are going through.

    I hope you enjoy your very well earned relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to have several viewings...puts them all on their toes..hope you get a sale!

    ReplyDelete