Tuesday 15 October 2019

Threatening skies . . .


Well, we have been preparing for the 2nd viewing from one interested purchaser this week, only to hear it has been put back a week - which will give everything time to get grubby again!  I had even spoken to Next Door to move his calving/freshly calved heifers out of our top field too so that she could look at the field and woodland properly.  Ah well, they are off now and the field will lie fallow this winter.  Well, all I can say is, she's not in any hurry is she?

Above is the view out of my office window this afternoon - looking very threatening but someone further East copped it and we didn't.


Started today, some Hay Castle Car Park Very Small Plum Gin (as no Sloes locally).  The Hampstead gin is a nod to my Devon ancestors who moved there from Moretonhampstead.

Right, hopefully I shall start to feel a bit brighter tomorrow - ever since my flu jab I have been sleeping very late and feeling "off". NOT the flu jab as of course it's a dead vaccine, but obviously I have picked up a bug from somewhere.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. We have our flu jabs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like me, a flu jab is an essential part of the pre-winter "MoT". Never had any reaction before (apart from a sore arm once) but I really just want to sit around all day at the moment.

      Delete
  2. People have no consideration do they?!
    The reaction to the flu jab is just that...not flu itself, but still unpleasant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she's in the buying seat and in her defence we did say Thursday would be better than Friday (it was either/or for her) so perhaps Friday WAS better for her.

      Could have done without this wallop from the flu jab - but glad in a way her viewing is delayed. Should be blowing on all cylinders in a week's time.

      Delete
  3. BB you have described how I have been feeling very well. I do hope it is a bug and that it will soon go away. I don't wish to start winter feeling like this - with four or five months of drabness in front of me.
    Good luck with that viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a flu jab reaction as Keith's just had his and was shuffling round yesterday, feeling hornswoggled too. Twice this week we have woken up at nearly 9 a.m. which is absolutely UNHEARD of for me.

      Delete
  4. Boy the sky was sure dark. Glad that you missed the storm.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't they?! Somebody copped it, that's for sure! We plan to move nearer Hereford, which is a tad drier (least it is near Ross, where I have a friend) - mucho rain having fallen on the green fields of Carmarthenshire first . . .

      Delete
  5. That sky looks like the end of the world is nigh!
    Hope the viewing goes well next week. I keep crossing fingers for you but it hasn't worked yet. I'll try again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with the viewing when it takes place and hope you feel better soon. Not felt 100% since my flu jab - I blamed it on going to the doctors rather than Boots which is where I usually go. My arm where she injected was really painful hot and red. Thankfully it only lasted a few days.

    ReplyDelete