Saturday 9 May 2020

Muggy, close, humid, sultry, sticky - yup, it's been all those today!

I changed the Header picture as this one was better.  Hard to see where the river starts and the land stops.



Tam and I went out for a 4 mile walk today, up past Eisteddfa.  It was hot and humid and by the time we got home I felt like a racehorse at the end of a hard race! Looking at the river, I just wanted to jump in!


I would call this weather muggy. Mum would have called it sticky.  Whatever you call it, we ended with a thunderstorm and some rain.  Carmarthen had more than "some rain" and a video on Facebook showed about a foot of water at the end of Barn Road - a car drove through and a wave went above the windowsills of roadside houses . . .



Yet as you can see, our river is very low.  We normally wouldn't get to see all the pebbles and rocks in these scoops.


The wonderful reflections in the river from the trees make it quite magical.


When we got to the view across the Towy Valley we turned around as we were in a hot and sunny stretch.



The lane ahead wriggles on towards Wern.


A hay-field, colourful with buttercups and other wild flowers.


Thoroughbreds at a neighbour's farm.



Whilst the Bluebells are fading, the Red Campion and Cow Parsley revel in the sunshine.



It's lookin' black over Will's mother's . . .  Indeed! Just off to bed now - it has taken all evening to load the photos as there was lots of lightening too apparently and it seems to have affected our broadband again . . .  Just what we didn't need!


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    In Welsh, muggy weather is Tywydd Mwll..just say it, it sounds just like you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my pronunciation is probably laughable but I shall get Tam to show me how to say it properly when she is awake (Some hours away as I am Up Early again!) Gosh yes - I cam back in a proper lather, just like a racehorse!

      Delete
  2. Lovely walk and photos of. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do live in the midst of the most beautiful countryside and it is at its best at the moment isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May is my favourite month I have to say. We are so fortunate to live where we do.

      Delete
  4. You have such beautiful pictures of the river and the countryside. It seems to me that muggy, humid weather makes it harder to do much as it wears you out faster. I enjoyed seeing your lovely countryside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie - I will confess to just sitting and sewing after that, and watching an old film on tv! (Jeremiah Johnson, who was a Mountain Man).

      Delete
  5. What a joy to take a walk along with you, such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A change of scenery is always welcome, especially right now.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos of what looks such a wonderful walk. Great to see the cow parsley, campion and buttercups :) It was muggy here yesterday too but much cooler today and cloudy with drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, loved the wiggle lane photo.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete