Sunday 27 February 2022

Busy gardening - and Nasturtium fabric listed

 


I've just listed this on Ebay.  Starting price £30, as it is beautiful fabric (linen) and you'd be hard pressed to find any more I think.  If it doesn't sell, it will go to an Antiques Fair with me. Sorry RP - tried the address you gave me and my email was returned.

    I was planning a post about the church we went to yesterday, just off the Rhayader road, but am just TOO tired tonight - have spent 3 hours gardening today, taking advantage of the weather.  It really did feel like the first day of spring and the sun was beautifully warm.  I got some weeding done in several areas, removing stones and digging through, and got thoroughly tired pulling up lengths of ancient weed supressing membrane with its inches deep covering of soil, grass roots, grass, and weeds.

    I struggled to get all the bits of Beech twig from the plastic pond cover mesh we used last winter.  Won't bother again as I nearly fell in trying to drag it out of the water with its burden of twigs and saturated leaves.  Anyway, I managed and it is now ready to go to the tip, wrapped in a bin bag to stop any birds getting caught up in it.

    I couldn't face digging a hole for planting another fruit tree today - will do that tomorrow. Tam has been packing up the stuff she needs for the week as she is moving out today. She'll be back next weekend to collect more. I am looking forward to having some food cupboard space again and a lot fewer herbs and spices!

    She and J moved our big chests of drawers for us as we are having a new bedroom carpet fitted tomorrow and the lino (finally) laid in the two bathrooms.  They also drilled the wall and hung another of my bedroom pictures - another print by Gillian McDonald.  It will look lovely in there tomorrow.

    Off to collapse in a heap now.


8 comments:

  1. Nice fabric, and I have found you on fleabay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good. I am gradually listing the collections of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the fabric looks nice. You have me on the Rhayader road though I did visit a church at Llanwrthwl but it was locked that day. Hope to get down to our caravan At Fforest Fields Tuesday to set it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's the one! It was locked for us too so we didn't get to see the early font. Hope you can get away down to your caravan. Not that far away and no wonder you know the local churches! I am sure you have been to Llananno.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I'm not aching anything like as much as I thought I would. We will do a rain-check tomorrow as today is furniture moving day (before and) after having the new carpet laid in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for trying, maybe it's a message telling me to stop buying when I should be downsizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the offer is there on Ebay anyway, if you change your mind.

      Delete