Tuesday 22 February 2022

Playing catch up

 

Firstly, the heads up on some more fabric to go on Ebay soon.  You saw it here first!



Colourful vintage linen fabric in a Nasturtium design.  4 yards and it measures 34 1/2" wide.  

This vintage Laura Ashley fabric (1977) is actually more terracotta than it looks in this photo.  6 metres of it x 48"wide so plenty for a big pair of curtains or a wholecloth quilt.



How annoying THIS was.  Had we cut more carefully when leaving a little over so we didn't cut too short, we would have had enough to do this.  Ah well . . . (P.S.  It's behind a bookcase and I'd have bodged this!!)


This is the only upper-wall part of the room which was papered (all the rest is wooden tongue and groove).  To the right is the other strip which needs to be finished - when the wallpaper arrives.

I need to get busy with a paintbrush and do the shutters and windowsill when I have time, carefully covering the newly-decorated walls of course.


All the pictures have been temporarily taken down  but the Best Mirror has been taken out of wraps and is finally in place - just in time for her to move!  The paint colour is Moroccan Mint.


Waiting to go up - and we have been waiting 3 months for the frame - first one arrived damaged, and then we had to send it back, get a refund and order again. . .


Now, believe it or not there is a very strong link between this photograph and this one I showed yesterday.  All will be revealed tomorrow . . .  




18 comments:

  1. Here's one of my items: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284661893887

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely fabric!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Hoping it will be made into something nice by someone else.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I wish I had a sewing machine again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turn up regularly at car boot sales!! I'd be lost without mine as I still make my own curtains, quilts, cushion covers etc.

      Delete
  4. The curtain material is lovely and the room looking good. Effigy on tomb looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The room is an incredible improvement on the mushroom walls and 90s wallpaper that was in there! Effigy is a good one . . .

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't it mm? Wish I had the right size windows to use it up!

      Delete
  6. I love the effect of wallpaper. Too bad that I really HAAAATE hanging wallpaper. Fancy a trip to my house? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam did her room - I just stood and held the bottom of the roll whilst she measured the drop on the tall wall. I don't mind wallpapering, but my body complains about any stretching or bending!! Was horrified to see a decorator charging £200 a day for papering/painting, and if you had a £300 roll of wallpaper, it would be £300 to hang it. There is skill involved to get it perfect, but I am glad that we have gone DIY here.

      Delete
  7. Hmm I followed the link and it was no there...must have sold!!
    What is the name on your shop?
    That Laura Ashley fabric is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, I don't use ebay and deleted my account

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabrics! Nasturtiums seems so unusual. I's make the terra cotta one into a duvet cover maybe.

    Tam's room is so beautiful! Wonderful color and style.

    Thanks for sharing!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS You may have better sales for the books on Amazon's used books selling site. I see the fabrics were snatched right up!

    ReplyDelete