Friday 24 March 2023

Slow progress

 


Yesterday, being in a bad mood and up for things to make me crosser, I answered the challenge of papering around the corner and under the window, with a double socket thrown in for good measure.  It turned out well.  I love how it's turned out.

    Next (tomorrow) I have to move some furniture and paint the tall top wall, and then the dado rail, and should be able to start papering below it on Sunday.

    I am shattered from another night where I was awake as much as I was asleep.  I have only done family history research today, and taken Keith out for a drive to Caerfagu to get the replacement UV light and glass sleeve for the water system.  I may just have gone to the garden centre and treated myself to two rubber tree ties for the latest fruit trees and a LOVELY American Pillar climbing rose to go in the gap by the Sycamore stumps and clamber through the Rhododendrons.  

    Have a nice weekend everyone.  



11 comments:

  1. Nice job on the papering. It looks lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bit was actually easier than I thought - no pipes anyway!!

      Delete
  2. Well you put your bad mood to good use. It is looking very pretty. Nothing like plant therapy to lift the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a couple of things I'd been putting off and they weren't as bad as I thought. Plant therapy is Good!

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely. That kitten has turned into a cat. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't she just? Her sister isn't quite as stocky or as tall, but by gum, she got the brains!

      Delete
    2. Gotta say, that surprised me too...they grow up so fast, don't they? Well done on the wallpapering. I tried it once and decided I would be much better at it if only I had a half dozen arms.

      Delete
  4. It looks great - so fresh and pretty. And American Pillar is a beautiful rambler. I know it from the rose garden at Polesden Lacey - deep crimson single flowers I seem to remember - it will look fabulous growing through the rhododendrons, a very good choice. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to envy the American Pillar at my friend Nikki's garden. I just had to treat myself. Have you visited Haddon Hall in Derbyshire? Fabulous roses there. Anything is an improvement on the wretched Rhododendrons which are of course the boring lilac variety, and a right mess where they are overgrown.

      Delete
  5. Well done on the papering. Not a job I think I would tackle even if I didn't have Parkinson's. Painting, yes. Papering, no. Deb in Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needs must Deb. Keith would never wallpaper and I wasn't allowed to at Ynyswen - mind you, the walls were THAT wonkey! Here I am having my revenge :) This is a lovely heavy wallpaper and a joy to use.

    ReplyDelete