Wednesday 19 June 2024

A full house

 Tam and Rosie have been staying here - Tam wanted me to look after Rosie whilst she was in the Dentist's yesterday.  She was gone an hour and I was quite relieved to hand Rosie back as she needed to sleep but wouldn't settle in her pram - I'm not surprised as the pavements were very bumpy.  I was in the single bed in Keith's bedroom and didn't sleep at all well as too hot and Keith's bed is noisy, plus his breathing was too for a while. 


This morning we had a meeting over funding for continuing care for Keith.  Gabby and Tam were present to help support me.  Was it down to the Council or did the NHS pick up the bill? We had the Social Worker and the Parkinsons' Nurse on line, and we did a series of questions which determined his vulnerability.  He doesn't come under NHS terms yet, and so we will have to carry on waiting for Carers to become available via the council.  I'm not holding my breath.  I spent two hours and more yesterday writing notes for this, only to find they weren't needed.  Next week we have more professionals coming out, including the officious OT lady again and the Speech and Language Therapy lady.

Isn't this pretty?  My favourite from the display of a local sewing group in the photo above.





Above - some of the lovely textiles on display in the Church.

Now, a taster of the FABULOUS quilts to come in the next post:


These are the work of Liz Jones, who has displayed them in the USA and been a prize   winner (no surprise there!)  Here is a link to one of the quilts (displayed here too) when it was at Malvern Quilt Festival this spring.   Back in the morning.



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely display of textiles. Hopefully the council gets its act together and sends some help very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the NHS didn't come through for you. The textiles are very creative and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the piece worked into an arched window. I haven't seen anything framed like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you are still waiting for help - it just seems so wrong.
    The textile work is amazing - love the one that is like a stained glass window

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looked at your last two posts at Leominster church, funny thing is I had thought of going to B&Q then popping over for a look. My favorite is the quilt looking like a stained glad window. BTW I finally got down to Clyro church, which is a bit of a shrine to Kilvert I thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will just say it. Speech and Language therapy seems to be the last thing that he needs. I mean the OT will help him (and you) with adaptations to deal with his limitations, but it seems what you need is actual hands on physical assistance. I haven't read that any of you have trouble making out what Keith wants to say. Eating is sometimes an issue. Maybe that's the reason behind it, but It just seems strange to me from where I sit (which is, admittedly, far, far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear BB, do hope the Council or the NHS come through with carers for Keith soon, you and family must be so frustrated. Those textile displays are gorgeous andI would also like to own the one you liked. De-cluttering continues with many visits to the tip and charity shops (I'm trying to vary the ones I drop off stuff too). Our tomatoes and cucumbers seem to be very behind but hopefully with some sun they will begin to ripen, probably leaving them all ripe for our buyers. Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well perhaps there will be better news later on for care workers. That last quilt has the 'wow' factor.

    ReplyDelete