Monday 10 June 2024

I survived the weekend

 I was here alone, but Saturday was fine.  I sewed Gabby's quilt all morning, and then sat with Keith in the afternoon and watched the racing, and did some x-stitch.   Our new neighbour showed me round the cottage he's bought and did a led meditation which was so calming. I haven't meditated properly for years and need to do it regularly, especially now I can't go out for a walk which was a sort of meditation before.

Precious Amber coming into flower - deep orange with red margins, when in bud, it opens orange and fades to pink.

Yesterday I worked - forced myself to bake again (Chocolate Blackberry Brownies and Cornish Fairing Biscuits) and do housework.  I dropped some baking down to New Neighbour as a thank you.  I also dug a little curve at the end of the long perennial border and bunged in a couple of plants.  The "white" cut-leaved Geranium is now showing Johnson's Blue colour flowers! Ah well.  It matches its planted companion, the name of which I cannot remember for the life of me.  Stress does this - removes words from circulation for about 24 hours!!  (Checked it out - Salvia).

Off to Llandod for shopping now before the D. Nurse comes to Keith.  A clued-up D. Nurse yesterday is sorting various needs out, and has scheduled the Care Meeting for 19th June, when Gabby is here.  Phew.  

E starts her new job today so I hope it goes well for her.


12 comments:

  1. That flower is beautiful, what a glorious colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that rose before. How special that it changes color! You are navigating this journey so well. I know that it is hard, and I know that you often feel you're falling short, but from where I sit, you're doing very well at it. I hope that you give I a little sewing project of her own. She'll be so pleased, and it is a quiet bit of entertainment for her. She will remember it always, learning to sew with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put some more photos of it up so you can see what I mean. Some days with Keith area a real struggle. Not his fault but on occasion he can be difficult with me. Good as gold with D. Nurses of course!

      I will try and find time to sit down with "I" to teach her to sew. Her concentration span right now is a short one, especially after school (3 afternoons a week).

      Delete
  3. Hope E's 1st day at her new job goes well. We have had wall to wall cricket on as the T20's are being played in the USA of all places. Glad you coped well on your own and you finally have a DN who seems to know what she is doing. We are off to GW show on Friday, booked long before we put the house up for sale. Will I tempted to buy anything but I do want advice on a small tree to plant in a small garden. Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got chucked in at the deep end but managed. It is difficult for her to get her healing business off the ground in a totally new area (and without the referrals from the Chiropractor).

      Enjoy the GW show and I hope you can find a suitable small tree for the new garden. Sambucus niger is very attractive and doesn't get too big.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that rose colour is gorgeous. I don't think I have ever seen that colour before. I am glad that the weekend was a quiet one for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty. It was in flower when I saw it at the Garden Centre and it was a done deal then! It was lovely to just sit and sew and I made good progress on Gabby's quilt.

      Delete
  5. The rose is lovely. I've never seen one that color before. I'm glad the weekend wasn't too difficult. Doing some meditation is a good way to destress and relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a similar one, which has smaller red-edged flower, in a pot in the yard where it adds a bright mid-summer spot when other things have gone over.

      Delete
  6. It sounded good the led meditation but sometimes gardening is a meditation, though with hard work thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing colour, especially seen against the white of your house. Do you feed your roses BB. I am sure mine are looking perkier already thanks to the puckamuck. Well done on surviving the weekend on your own. I think it’s important to celebrate these small wins. I often listen to meditation podcasts and the great thing about the smart speaker is that it’s starting to learn what I like to listen to and makes helpful suggestions. The poem by Charlotte Bronte on Radio 3 last Friday was “Parting”
    There’s no use in weeping,
    Though we are condemned to part.
    There’s such a thing as keeping
    A remembrance in one’s heart.
    It was read beautifully just before the 8am news and the Friday poem is a regular feature. I have lots of these signposts to get me through the week. Yoga and the 1992 film of Howards End in the church yesterday, live opera tonight in Petworth, swimming tomorrow, a day of garden visiting on Thursday and an evening in the church on Friday when we’re having a talk about the notable, even notorious, folk buried in our churchyard. Hope it’s fine and dry and we get a good turn out as it’s tickets on the door. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete