Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Keith's death. We had all agreed to meet up at Llansteffan beach, which was the nearest one to our old house when we lived in Carms. 18 miles I think it was. Beaches are the perfect venue for little ones and they really enjoyed themselves. They would have been happy to sit in the nearest bit of sand (which they did for 5 mins or so, before we walked them further).
We had chips for lunch (fish is a bit prohibitive and I find a whole piece too big - Keith and I always shared). Then later on, after the playground, ice lollies/ice cream after our lovely walk along the beach, with "I" and Rosie stopping regularly to sit in the sand and play.
Tam, Danny/Rosie, "I" and moi.
Then Gabs took one of all of us.
Sadly, there were no rock pools to explore, and we had to be close to Rosie unless she slipped and hurt herself on the rocks, but both the girls loved it here.
It was too hot to climb up to the lovely castle. We have done that many times in the past though.
On our way to the shop for ice cream/lollies. I had arrived first and was hot earlier, so treated myself to a Mint Magnum, so it was a two ice-cream day for me :)
It was a lot of driving for me, as I went to the Unit first. Best part of 200 miles including going down to Llansteffan after . . . I still had only sold one thing, so my bank account took a hit for next month's rent. It took another hit when I had to fill the diesel up on the car, before prices go up even more (got some for £1.69 point 9. It was up to ten pence dearer a litre elsewhere.) Another £40 out. Half of it will get used next week when I go to to my quilting class, and then 3 days later, the next little Fair. I would love a day out somewhere, but simply can't afford it. I will be living from the freezer for meals as long as I can.
Tam and Rosie didn't come and stay in the end, as she didn't want to give me her summer cold. I had been to Chris Thomas for my fruit and veg, and had brought extra with them in mind. They went home with the strawberries, but I have oranges, extra apples (no problem there), BIG cherries which I have cooked up the softest ones from, donut peaches and some potatoes. I may turn the oranges into jam . . . I have a recipe for Dried Apricot Jam with Oranges. (Another £11.50 spent there).
Oh, I took my old camera in to see if it could be fixed. No, they think the mother board has gone. Having just paid £22 for a new battery for it, even more money hitting a brick wall. Then the arm fell off my specs in the evening, but I have managed to do a home repair job involving Superglue . . . Everything's going at once. Hope that is the 3 things breaking, full stop!
We had rain overnight and it's beaujtifully cloudy today and spitting with rain off and on. I will try and get my two raspberries bought weeks ago at the Llandod car boot sale, into the ground. Or it may still be like concrete . . .





A sad and happy day but also enjoyed by the youngsters in the family. Lovely set of photos as well. x
ReplyDeleteIndeed. We all loved it there and so good to see the little ones have fun.
DeleteNice quiet looking beach not like on the south coast and Cornwall where they are like ants. Your not the only one who bust glasses, my wife sat on hers and totaled them, new frames will cost here over 100 quid as they are Betty Johnson ones, trouble is they stopped making them now
ReplyDeleteFewer people living/holidaying here but it does get busy in the summer too. Carms has fabulous sandy beaches that go for miles.
DeleteOoops about your wife's glasses. I go for the cheap ones - no-one ever sees them but me as they are for reading, not distance - and less pain if I break them!