We were only saying at the weekend, where were the Wasps? We hadn't seen any all summer. Well, they must have been on their hols, as they all arrived at my house today and have set up home behind the panelling in my sewing room. Tam called my attention to a sound like paper being scrunched. It was coming from the edge of the window. I thought it might be bats, she Googled it and came up with Hornets or Wasps or mice. It was amazingly loud for Wasps so I thought Hornets. Then later I saw a constant procession of Wasps at gutter height . . .
Right, let's see how long it takes Google to put this post up . . .

I just click on your blog title, same for Sue in Suffolk. I rarely comment but so enjoy your posts and your fabulous pictures. Especially dear are the Aberystwyth route pictures and snippets
ReplyDeleteas I grew up there.
As a person with an allergy to wasp stings, this is utterly horrifying!! And now that you mention it...the wasps have been slow to materialize here too. Maybe there was an international wasp symposium :) ~Melanie
ReplyDeleteHow awful to have wasps infest your sewing room! I am very allergic to insect strings, my brother has been rushed to ER from wasp bites...I d be so worried. What will you do to get rid of the wasps?
ReplyDeleteI’ve seen a few wasps about and one of the spiders in my shed caught quite a few as well. Caught a hornet buzzing round the house the other day, I did let it go after checking it as not the Asian version
ReplyDeleteThere are horrid red wasps [I call them hornets, J. disagrees.] that crawl up into the slight gaps between the back porch pillars and the roof. I've 'bombed' them a few times but such few as 'drop dead' seem quickly replaced. Darker colored ones hanging around the hummingbird feeders.
ReplyDelete