Wednesday 10 May 2017

Arrrrrgh!

I have my replacement laptop but now the broadband is absolutely dire and I'm  on the Tablet again.  I have told BT and they are checking over the next couple of days.  Gardening here like there is no tomorrow and loving my garden again.

Shush!  I am actually on line upstairs on my new laptop.  The keyboard is throwing me a bit though as it's sort of set to the right a key, and I keep getting daft words up with lots of kjbm instead of the letters I'm after.

Anyway, I had to give up on the garden for today as the midges were set for a feast, but I have potted on 22 trees, shrubs and plants to give to a neighbour of mine - that is my Good Deed (she is planting up a steep hillside) and also gives me 22 less things in pots to water - and everywhere is SO parched at  the moment - the ground is cracking up and I have few weeds growing fresh and no slugs or snails except in slightly damp corners (back of pots etc).  I have been sowing veg seeds, and moved the cucumbers, tomatoes and growing-on courgettes to my main plastic greenhouse.  Fresh seed trays are going in the seed stack in the very warm south-facing yard. 

I found some really beautifully scented Pinks at B&Q and treated myself to 8 of them.  One sort (Cranmere Pool) is definitely "bred" by Haytor Nurseries on the edge of Dartmoor and I just HAD to have those.  My moniker "Boveybelle" is another Haytor pink.  I thought if we have any viewings, a really beautiful scent at the front door won't go amiss - quite apart from the gorgeous flowers.

Right, I will end here whilst I may still stand SOME chance of getting this posted.  No photos yet as I have to work out how to load them as there is only one USB port actually CALLED as USB port - and that has my mouse wotsit in it.  I have to get Danny across again to fathom out what I can put in  the RJ-45 port, the HDMI port etc . . .  I couldn't even CHOOSE the right laptop without his help.  He knows far more about such things than I do.  I shall just stick to things that neigh, meow or woof as I know where I am with them.

8 comments:

  1. Computers can be so frustrating when they are not working well can't they?
    I keep looking at lovely plants and then realising that I just can't buy them at this stage in the proceedings. The scented pinks sound beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat - I know things have to be on hold for the moment, but you can plan for the future. Will you be moving closer to your son and his family? I hope you are enjoying this wonderful sunshine. This is how May always used to be when we first moved here, nearly 30 years ago. Then the weather pattern changed in the late 1990s.

      Delete
  2. Computers can be very Frustrating at times and more so when we buy a new one.

    Er' it is awhile ago (60 yrs) and when I was fourteen. I was in the Scouts, one Easter Monday we walked across Dartmoor to Cranmere Pool it was a bog and very damp underfoot, it snowed on our return journey.
    We went into a Country Pub to get warm and met sunburnt people who had been on the coast!
    Enjoy your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heron's View - yup, that's Dartmoor for you!! That said, I love it up there, and have deep roots around the edge of Dartmoor, plus some Dartmoor tinners in the family tree back in the 1600s (and before I don't doubt). Frustrating is definitely the word when it comes to new computers and a slightly stronger (swear!) word for Broadband dropping out!

      Delete
  3. i gave up today attempting to read a techy article re the changes in the works for windows/google chrome, etc--too far beyond me. When I manage to make something work, never usre if I can do it again.
    Pinks! They have the loveliest scent--I bought one last year called 'Old Vermont'[the state of my birth] apparently something found in an old garden there and propagated. Silvery foliage, soft pink blossoms. I'm dividing some of the ones moved here from Gradyville--thinking they'll make a nice edging along my 'garden walk.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I should do with these I think, have a go at propagating them. I'll have to get some hormone rooting powder today. Old Vermont sounds delightful. I still hanker after some "Boveybelle" pinks (Haytor Nurseries again) but need to go looking on t'internet.

      I realized long ago I really don't have a technical (or mathematical mind. I am about words and animals.

      Delete
  4. Best of luck getting sorted - it is never straight forward is it! Even when you know what you're doing it is still hit and hope !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall get our son Danny over again one night next week and he can cross the t's and dot the i's on this for me. Meanwhile, I shall just "pretend" I am a mechanical numpty!

    ReplyDelete