Friday 19 May 2017

BT are laughing all the way to the bank . . .

Well, to say I am angry about the lack of broadband here is an understatement.  I couldn't sleep past 3.45 a.m. this morning so after an hour of tossing and turning I got up and thought, at least I should be able to load some photos this time of the night as no-one else will be sharing the line.  WRONG!  I cannot change the header photo - I gave up after an hour - and so I thought I would be clever and run a broadband speed checker, but that can't even load the page properly so I see the dials I am meant to be able to see to check the broadband, it's all a bit of a waste of time really.  According to the engineer on Thursday there is no fault on the line and a quick check of the broadband signal said there were no interruptions.  Oh really?  I am seriously thinking of ditching the broadband here and just going a couple of times a week to the internet café in the next village to check my mail and update my blog etc.  This has affected my business as I can't sell anything on ebay, and neither can I bid on line at auction.  Last night (again) we couldn't get Netflix to hold, so it is not my computer or anything, it is the provider, as that travels down the phone line.

I will check in when I can (I am assuming this will post of course!) but in the meantime, bear with me and watch this space.

6 comments:

  1. I really hope you can get something sorted soon. It must be massively frustrating especially with your business. A few years ago when we had a problem different engineers told me different things. Finally, engineer number three got it sorted for me but it was only by somehow using an old business line attached to the property. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I distrust anything that the so called engineers say from their cosy offices. Quite recently when I complained about the strength of the signal, one of the fools asked me if I had the door shut between the rooms. I insisted on them sending out an engineer and he traced the fault to a nearby line. Perhaps you might consider using a gongler from one of the mobile phone companies ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same proble for years...only had one option for internet service. Cable was put down our road this spring and we were FINALLY able to switch companies..huge difference. Much sympathy, having been there.....
    Yes, try the cafe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get my e mails at all today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to deal with comcast here just like paying them money so I can bang my head against a wall.
    Awful !

    Good Luck !
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back tomorrow, after the last Fair. I am absolutely BUSHED. Finally, early evening, I managed to change the blog header - progress? Oh, and we were actually able to watch another episode of Peaky Blinders on Netflix, so I am a happy woman tonight (the connection kept falling out yesterday and we had to give up in the end.)

    ReplyDelete