Monday 15 May 2017

Bluebell walk at Dinefwr Castle Woods


This is a walk we did recently.  Here is Paxton's Tower in the distance, whilst we are at the edge of Dinefwr Castle Woods.  I must do a walk up at Paxton's Tower again and then do a proper post on it.  It's quite a landmark in the Towy Valley.


The bluebell photos don't really need much in the way of words, and I have awarded myself a couple of hours off to sit and read a book on my Kindle, so enjoy.



The castle as viewed across the Park.



I think the flowers look a bit sparse this year, but perhaps it is my memory leading me astray - mind you, we had a dryish winter which is unusual here, and then almost draught conditions in the last month.




8 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a blue tomatch the colour of blue bells - exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pat - it lifts the spirits to see them.

      Delete
  2. There is something very special about a walk in a wood full of Bluebells. Your photographs are beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Jules. Though last year I ventured to a new spot, Green Castle Woods on the Laugharne road out of Carmarthen. STUNNING bluebells, but it was really humid and muggy in the woods and I had breathing troubles, so had to come out.

      Delete
  3. We are so lucky in this country to have the bluebells...it was years before I realised that they smelt too.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aril - you could float on that perfume I reckon! There are few more beautiful sights that=n a bluebell wood in May.

      Delete
  4. A bluebell wood sounds like a magical place--I wonder if we have the same flower here or merely some of its relatives [?]

    ReplyDelete