Thursday 25 May 2017

Ashort Hay footpath walk last week


Some photos of a recent Hay walk.  I am about to go back to the garden to weed and edge before I am roasted to death, as it is a tad hot out there.


A view across the rooftops.


An inviting path . . .



Above and below - the May blossom (Hawthorn) is so graceful and in every hedgerow at the moment.



Above and below, two Shetland mares ready to pop,.  I will go back soon and see what their foals are like.  I don't know who hacked their manes and tails, but they didn't leave them much tail to swish the flies away with.





I would just SO love to live in one of these cottages.  So tranquil and yet within walking distance of all the services you might need.


A little view of the road ahead on the way home - cloudburst or what?!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely to see so many colourful good weather shots lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making the most of this weather Simon. Though as Oak was SO FAR ahead of Ash this year, I am hopeful of a good summer.

      Delete
  2. I love Hay - it is a town I used to visit a lot when I lived in the Midlands . You have captured some lovely secret corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more to put up Pat, so I hope you enjoy those too. I doubt whether Hay has changed much over the years.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous pictures and what is more wonderful than fat ponies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fat ponies were about to foal any minute - especially that chestnut mare. I checked today to see if they had foaled yet, but they'd been moved and some sheep put in their place. Glad you liked the photos Linda.

      Delete
  4. Such wonderful pictures and yes please post photos of the foals when they arrive :D
    It would be lovely to live in one of those cottages, I hope you sell your house soon. I've had to drop the price on mine yet again, but there's nothing for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seriously thinking of going with another agent - one from Brecon approached us earlier in the year - AND we would get free floor plans included in their package - we have NEVER had floor plans from any agent employed here as it's their at of saving money. In a house this size, they are essential really. Sorry to hear you have had to drop your price again - we daren't drop ours any more, we've dropped £50K already. I hope you get an offer soon.

      No foals to be seen as they have moved the mares . . .

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see Hay- I haven't been in years x

    ReplyDelete