Tuesday 2 May 2017

Tales of the riverbank



. . . or perhaps not!  These have taken forever to load.  I can't face phoning BT until I get back from giving my Edward Thomas & The Dymock Poets talk, so next week it will be.  Anyway, enjoy some photos of my riverside walk.  The plant below is a Euphorbia - Sun Spurge.  It has colonised the bank between the lane and the river and managed to escape being washed away in the occasional floods!







Above and below - I quite like these faded ones taken with a gizmo on my new camera.





6 comments:

  1. Your beautiful photos remind me of our many holidays staying in old Welsh cottages or farmhouses close to running rivers and streams. We're off to a favourite Cornish farmhouse this weekend and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I have to say there are quite a few beautiful river valleys like ours (the Cothi) in Wales. I am glad my photos brought back memories for you. Enjoy Cornwall - well I know you will - and I hope you get good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - so very picturesque. Hope you get photo uploading problems sorted soon and that your Edward Thomas talk goes well - would love to be able to attend but I suspect it will be too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that euphorbia - one of my favourite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typing this one-fingered from my husband's Tablet as the laptop has died. Glad you like the photos everyone.

    ReplyDelete