Friday 13 September 2019

For Thelma

If any of you follow Thelma's blog, "North Stoke" in my side bar, you will be saddened - as I am - to hear that she has lost the love of her life when Paul died this week.  I knew he was ill but was hoping that he might be able to return home from hospital, but alas it was not to be.

Thelma - please know that it was a real privilege to meet you and Paul, and Keith and I are genuinely upset that he has died.  He was a real gentleman.  Why is it that the good die young?  You are very much in our thoughts, but I am glad your family are not too far away and can help you through the weeks and months to come.  I am glad he will be close by when his ashes come home to the place he loved so.

4 comments:

  1. When we share years of 'comments' with a blog friend, they become a presence in our days, although most of us never meet in person. I see that Thelma has turned off the comment feature for now. I hope at some point she'll read your post and be warmed by our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you will see, Thelma has replied. I just wish that I lived closer so that I could be of practical use.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jennie and Keith, I wasn't sure whether to write about everything on my blog. But of course at the moment it fills my life with its sadness and helps express my thoughts. I loved meeting both of you a few years ago, in your Welsh 'fastness' is that the right word? with that beautiful river bounding at the bottom of your lane, and treasure your friendship. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine at the moment you are just completely overwhelmed with everything - all the arrangements you have to make. We were so glad to offer you cake and company and our only regret was that you didn't relocate to Wales so we could have met more often. Your friendship is treasured too . . .

      Delete