Thursday 5 September 2019

When things don't go quite to plan . . .




I have spent the last week or more tidying up the house, washing the paintwork, making it all clean and tidy everywhere as we had another viewing booked for today.  Unfortunately, due to the Severn Bridge being closed due to an accident last night, and 6 mile tailbacks, the person coming to view had to turn around and go home.  However, they have booked in again for a couple of weeks' time, so fingers crossed I can keep everywhere pristine meanwhile!

So, once I had waited for my bread to bake (you know, that smell of freshly-baked bread is meant to be encouraging to people viewing!!) we set off for Hay-on-Wye.  Our daughter Tam is here at the moment, and we thoroughly enjoyed walking round the market and chatting with friends in the town.  


Some of the million pound scaffolding has been taken down and the walls are looking a bit more stable now they have fresh mortar where needed.


Round the market today.



I was quite taken by this painting (and a few others in the same style). 


Sorry, I didn't get enough of a close up so you could see what they were selling.


Sadly this didn't photograph well but it was a lovely painting.


Very French Chateau . . .


The wonderful Chandalier Shop.


Inside the Antiques Emporium.


Flower Power in Hay.


A double Delphinium of a beautiful hue.  I MUST have one of these in my next garden!


Finally - now THIS is what I call a hanging basket!

8 comments:

  1. The shops there lookk so interesting - I suspect I would be browsing all day and then of course there are the bookshops! I do hope all goes well with the viewing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR. Lots to see and explore. Viewing put off until 20th, but hoping she loves it as much as she does from the photos.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for you. It will work out. We spent an age and then suddenly bang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill. We can but hope . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simple painting in shades of grey and white drew me in--it seemed I could wander about in that farmyard quite happily exploring.
    I could also spend time in front of the shop with its display of flowers--although I think a double delphinium would be an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. It reminded me of Yorkshire but I expect it's Wales.

    I liked the colouring of the Delphinium - it reminded me of something a Flower Fairy ought to wear!

    ReplyDelete