Friday 20 September 2019

Viewing time . . .




To my chagrin, I mistook the day and got it all mixed up with the dental appt. (which I changed because I thought it clashed yesterday).  The viewing was actually today, but of course, I had the house all tidy, with fresh flowers, clean bathroom mats and towels, fresh bedding on the beds, and everything sorted to my satisfaction yesterday.  I even baked a cake (which we made inroads into when I realized it was the wrong day and it was my Manderin Orange Cake and looked SO tempting!)  I made a fresh cake this morning (another Spicy Dorset Apple cake) and some Walnut Biscuits and had them laid out on a patchwork runner on the table.

Suffice it to say, it seemed to go well, and the lady stayed 2 hours!  She went around the house with us, and then twice on her own.  She is coming back in a month or so to see how the house is when it's not 20 degrees outside and the air will be much colder and probably the rainy season will have started.  So, we shall see . . . but ours is the only house she is interested in.

20 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed again, hope it isn't Welsh horizontal rain when she returns!
    I'm just re-reading Deep Country by Neil Ansell about his time in the mountains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have that in my pile of books to read but I've just started a C J Sansom so will be a while over that . . . Well, she will need to know what Wale can come up with!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know - it's not as though we are under offer but ours is the only house she is considering - not looking at any others.

      Delete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully she does want the house...does sound rather confident that someone else won't have snapped it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed. There are some other London folks interested but have to sell their house first.

      Delete
  5. She sounds very sensible, and interested enough to come back and see how she really feels about the house. She could be exactly the person the house needs next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very mature, and knows what she wants, and really could feel the house vibes.

      Delete
  6. Oh that sounds hopeful, I do hope things work out well after all this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya. It feels like FOREVER. I was reading that houses in Chepstow sell within 2 days of going on the market! Did we ever buy in the wrong place . . .

      Delete
    2. Aww not necessarily - you must have loved living there for all this time - don't let the recent struggles take that away from you x

      Delete
    3. We have loved it here. "Just in case" - I have gone through a cupboard, but most of it seemed for keeping. Perhaps I will harden my heart to writing paper, postcards and stuff I currently still see as useful.

      Delete
  7. Good luck. It will all go your way in the end I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers. toes and eyes crossed jennie, that this time might be the right one for you. I really hope so. thankyou too for the birthday wishes today :-0

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Leanne. I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so promising. I have everything here crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we can do is wait and see. A little worrying that she isn't in a hurry to make the move and yet she has sold and been let down on another property.

      Delete